Talk

Advanced search

No handbag with Easyjet?

(18 Posts)
letseatgrandma Mon 27-Mar-17 16:07:32

If we all take a small wheeled cabin bag, then it seems that I can't take a handbag as well! That's where I normally have all the passports, purse, boarding passes etc. Is it 'acceptable' to have a small handbag with all the important stuff in, that I put inside the cabin bag, then get out when it's time to show the important stuff?!

Soon2bC Mon 27-Mar-17 16:11:49

Yes its fine, i have a small bag that i use at airport and put in suitcase before boarding, i have often got it out on plane for different things and kept it out too to be fair, then i have it out the other end

RockyRoadster Mon 27-Mar-17 16:11:57

As long as you are able to fit it inside your cabin bag, then that's fine 🙂

Mrskeats Mon 27-Mar-17 16:12:02

I just flew with them and had my carry on bag and a small cross body bag
It was fine

BeyondThePage Mon 27-Mar-17 16:12:53

What you put in the cabin bag is your business. If it all fits inside that is fine. BUT be aware that if there is no room for all those cabin bags they may be stowed in the hold anyhow and be sure to grab your handbag out before that happens.

I wear a small, thin cross body bag under my coat with passports/money/tickets/glasses - it stays in the cabin bag until we are about to board and is then on me for the flight.

2014newme Tue 28-Mar-17 11:52:47

You have to put it in the cabin bag as you board.

ceeveebee Tue 28-Mar-17 12:05:23

We flew easyJet recently and you can take a bag of shopping so I stuck my handbag in a WH Smith's bag!

Clarabell33 Tue 28-Mar-17 12:07:49

I usually have a piece of hand luggage plus a small bag that could be shoved inside with a lot of shoving, no comments made, and have never had to actually put it inside the main hand luggage. I've also gone on with hand luggage x 2 (for me plus small child) plus an airport shopping bag (not large) and a very large fabric carrier bag containing our coats (winter coats + airport heating = sauna) and again, no questions asked. We'd have put the coats on briefly if they'd been funny about it but they were fine even though it was a busy flight.

BarbaraofSeville Tue 28-Mar-17 22:14:09

I keep a spare airport shopping bag for the purpose of hiding handbags and documentation from any over officious airline staff enforcing rules as I can't be arsed with digging in the cabin bag all the time.

Some wheelie cases do have outside pockets, which is useful for document and kindle etc stowage too.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Tue 28-Mar-17 22:20:23

The "airport carrier bag" is a great idea! Thank you!

mrsmortis Wed 29-Mar-17 16:04:23

I used to fly easyjet a lot for work and you can never predict when they will decide to enforce the rules, though they are more likely to if the plane is very full. Like the others here, I tend to fly with a small cross body bag that I can shove in my cabin bag.

The other thing you need to be aware of is there are 2 sizes of cabin bag. A large one that they will take off you if there is no room in the bins and a smaller one that they guarantee not to take off you as it will fit under the seat in front. Because I travel with lots of electronics (2 work laptops for starters) I always chose to check a bag so that my cabin bag was within the smaller size so I never had to worry about checking it.

tumpymummy Wed 29-Mar-17 19:17:48

As others have said it all depends on how busy the flight is. Recently when we flew with easyjet we all had to squish our small shoulder bags in to our cabin bags while we were in the queue at the gate and whilst we boarded. Once we got on the flight we all then took out our shoulder bags with passports etc. kept those with us and put cabin bags in overhead lockers. Seems a silly rule to me because it doesn't change how much stuff you have with you on board. But they will enforce it!

Janek Thu 30-Mar-17 21:38:43

Ime they are not bothered on the way out from birmingham, but it is of the utmost importance to only have one bag on the way home from belfast.

Ohjls5153 Sun 11-Feb-18 17:16:32

Does anyone know if I can take my kindle and phone charges in my hand luggage?

Rockclimber12 Sun 11-Feb-18 17:20:31

Hello, yes you can. We were away last month and had both sets of chargers and both Kindles with us. (Tablet is there to keep 4 year old calm mainly when flying.) Sounds daft but if you have a micro-usb one, worth popping on a plaster from yout first aid kit to stop it getting trashed if your bag is opened and checked (they aren't very delicate taking your things out at security.

TheSconeOfStone Sun 11-Feb-18 20:37:41

I flew easyJet in October and handbags had to go in cabin bags which caused much groaning and eye rolling. On the way back I had an airport carrier so rammed my handbag in there.

namechangedtoday15 Mon 12-Feb-18 19:45:28

We've flown quite a bit in the last couple of years with Easyjet. I would agree with a pp that it's completely unpredictable. At Milan Malpensa they wouldn't even let you through security with an Easyjet boarding pass if you had 2 bags (even the smallest handbag). Everyone was also 1 item of hand luggage regardless of size. Milan Bergamo didn't seem to check anything!

Geneva (at the gate) allowed a duty free carrier bag + hand luggage. Liverpool & Manchester allowed a little fabric bag with the family's passports etc, plus hand luggage. All a bit hit and miss really.

Situp Mon 12-Feb-18 19:47:55

I was forced to put my handbag into my carry on case at the gate by easyjet before they would let me on the flight.

That was at Gatwick

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now