Talk

Advanced search

Last minute Caribbean for Christmas?

(7 Posts)
AyeAyeFishyPie Sun 26-Mar-17 21:02:12

Looking for advice please.
My husband and I thought it would be nice to go away for Christmas. We are looking at the Caribbean. Basically we are after 2 weeks all inclusive, 5 star (or thereabouts) - adults only. Ideally small (400 rooms or less). We could fly on the 15th or so so before the peak peak time.
Does anyone have experience of booking something like this last minute? Any idea of how likely we are to get something a month or so before we go?
Thanks in advance.

mummymeister Mon 27-Mar-17 11:39:53

there are no real last minute deals as Christmas is peak time so leaving it until a month before you go means that all that will be available is either the stuff no one else wants or the really expensive places.

I would be booking now if I were you and not waiting. also have a look at Belize as this is a fab place to holiday at Christmas. the islands off of the mainland in particular.

flying on the 15th is not outside of the peak time as some schools - private as well as state will be on holiday then as will unis.

ShanghaiDiva Mon 27-Mar-17 12:08:15

Agree with Mummymeister - don't wait until the last minute and peak time will have already started on 15th. My children finish school on the 15th December.

AyeAyeFishyPie Mon 27-Mar-17 16:52:03

Hmm. Ok..thank you for the advice. Best start checking my piggy bank!

PestoSwimissimos Mon 27-Mar-17 16:53:29

Caribbean is mega bucks at Christmas

mummymeister Mon 27-Mar-17 23:14:06

agree pesto. its about 3 or 4 times the price outside of Christmas and even Belize is about twice as expensive. popular time to be away unfortunately.

Hersetta427 Tue 28-Mar-17 14:18:52

We have been away 7 times at Xmas and off again this Xmas and I definitely wouldn't leave it to the last minute. You could get nothing or somewhere that you wouldn't have dreamed of staying in but it was the only thing left.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now