Talk

Advanced search

FIRST CHOICE HOLIDAY VILLAGE,TURKEY......

(10 Posts)
ash6605 Tue 06-Mar-07 21:40:11

Anyone been? have been to the one in majorca and it was fab but heard mixed reviews about the turkey one.

seb1 Tue 06-Mar-07 21:45:09

My friend went last year and really enjoyed it.

ash6605 Fri 09-Mar-07 22:39:49

bump

ash6605 Mon 12-Mar-07 22:49:31

please tell me this place isn't so bad that no-ones been or dares to comment?!

someone must've been?!

ElBombero Sun 09-Feb-14 23:30:13

How was it ash?

Hersetta Tue 11-Feb-14 08:51:55

I have been - we've been to 4 holiday villages and if you want an honest opinion, it is the only one we wouldn't return to.

Don't get me wrong, we had a nice holiday but when you look back on it there were a lot of niggly points that would stop me from returning.

The food was english in style and very bland - which while OK for the kids, was not great for us adults (in HV kos for example they did fabulous greek food everyday, but not a hint of any local dishes in Turkey).

The drinks were terribly watered down, you couldn't get even slightly merry.

A couple of the deal breakers for me is the beach which although very quiet is not great, and finally the pools are just too heavily populated. You had to be up before 6.30 am to get a sunbed and around the main pool, they are placed literally 2 inches apart all the way around the edge of the pool, so that if I wanted to watch DD in the pool I couldn't sit of the edge of the pool and watch her, i had to stand behind a row of sunbeds.

Definitely not our favourite, there are much better quality HV's out there.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Tue 11-Feb-14 11:18:39

There are also lots of much better hotels in Turkey.

ElBombero Tue 11-Feb-14 14:55:10

Gutted! All paid up and going this summer hmm

Hersetta Tue 11-Feb-14 16:03:05

I wouldn't worry too much. As I said, we had a nice holiday (and the pancake hut is scrumptious) and the kids had a ball which is the main point.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Thu 13-Feb-14 11:21:38

At least it is not one of the worst hotels smile

I don't like the idea of big hotels like that anyway so it wouldn't be my choice. Sorry if I put you off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now