Talk

Advanced search

Disney land Paris for a day

(10 Posts)
Doitonmyown Wed 22-Mar-17 10:07:14

We will be driving back from South of France in august and I am wondering if it is at all feasible to have a day at Disney land Paris . DCS are 8 &5 and I'm sure would absolutely love it but for various reasons we can't really dedicate more than a full day to going . Would be great to get some of your opinions on whether this is remotely practical particularly in august .

AlbusPercival Wed 22-Mar-17 10:08:44

SUre, just accept you won't see everything.

Pick what you would most like to do/ see abd plan the day around that. Take in food and eat I. Queues to maximise time

Orchidflower1 Wed 22-Mar-17 10:12:38

It will be heaving and will you really feel like it at the end of your hols? I can see your point as you're there but would you fully appreciate it as a tag on?

Doitonmyown Wed 22-Mar-17 10:14:38

Yes I suspect I would feel like that but can't imagine ever doing it as a special holiday in its own right. Just mulling over a few options so this is helpful

BadTasteFlump Wed 22-Mar-17 10:23:22

Well yes it's doable but I wouldn't think it's particularly practical in high season.

It's very, very crowded from around 10-11 each day until around dinner time when people drift off to eat. The big popular rides have really long queues and you can easily spend an hour or two waiting for rides such as Thunder Mountain, Space Mission, Its A Small World, etc. You also can find yourself wasting a lot of time queuing for food.

If you just concentrated on the main park and forgot Disney Studios, you could have a good wander round, go on a few rides, see the parade in the afternoon and the big laser show at night (although that does start really late - ie 11pm ish some nights) and have a good, long but tiring day!

Whenever we've visited in peak season we've stayed in a Disney Hotel so we could get the two extra hours at the start of the day when everything is really quiet and you can get a big head start with a couple of the main rides without the queues.

mirmc Wed 22-Mar-17 14:11:11

I would definitely do it and surprise your kids so they think they're going home, but then you stop off in Disney! That's what we're doing this year. Can't wait to see their faces :-)

BadTasteFlump Wed 22-Mar-17 14:44:39

this is worth a read OP - some of the suggestions they make about what attractions/rides to go on and which to avoid are spot on IMO...

TheSconeOfStone Wed 22-Mar-17 21:27:28

We were there for the last weekend in August and it wasn't too bad. Very hot though.

If you plan well you could do a lot in a day.

This website www.dlpguide.com/ is great for planning and includes details on which rides have the longest waits. Some rides like Pirates of the Caribbean and Small World have a large capacity so the wait isn't too terrible. You can also get fast passes for some of the popular rides (at no additional cost but you need to be quick as they can run out early on in the day).

FlouncingInAWinterWonderland Wed 22-Mar-17 21:33:56

I went with DS2 when he was 9 for a very long full day in May.

We had a fab time. It was very, very hot but we took drink bottles and kept them topped up from the water fountains.

We used the free book a time slot thing for the big rides and went off and did others returning at our time slot, then booking the next doing other less busy rides.

As we did a full open to close day we did go to the pizza, pasta buffet for a break in the middle of the day. It was really good to get out the sun and sit for an hour.

Doitonmyown Thu 23-Mar-17 08:09:49

Thanks all - I'm tempted but not sure dp will be . The links and blogs are really helpful thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now