Talk

Advanced search

Which hotel in Disneyland Paris

(12 Posts)
Juniorwebb Tue 21-Mar-17 07:25:03

Hi

We are planning on going to Disneyland Paris for a few days in a September. This will be the first time we stay on site.

Have been reading reviews of the various hotels and it's fair to say most are negative.

Anyone got any first hand recent experiences of any of the hotels eh would recommend?

Thanks in advance

mouldycheesefan Tue 21-Mar-17 14:00:54

Ive stayed at Newport bay and Disneyland hotel. I like the Disneyland because it's right at the gates, you can pop in do the early magic hours and be back in two mins for breakfast, see the parade then have a cuppa and a break etc. Also the inventions restaurant is the only decent restaurant I have eaten in at dlp and that's at th Disneyland hotel.

dailystuck71 Tue 21-Mar-17 18:54:53

Well, Disneyland hotel is probably the best.

None of them are 5 star but they are just to sleep. Look st off site such as the adagio apartments.

Hamiltoes Tue 21-Mar-17 18:57:48

Depends on budget really. We literally just slept in the hotel and went for Cheyenne. Kids choice. Horrible reviews and I'd worked myself up about it before we went but it was completely fine. The kids loved it and I suppose that's the aim!

MissGoggins Tue 21-Mar-17 18:58:34

If you hire a car Davy Crockett is brilliant. Lovely cabins. Swimming pool is perfect. Friendly staff. Wouldn't go anywhere else.

Pinkkahori Tue 21-Mar-17 19:00:30

We stayed at Sequoia Lodge. It was lovely and so convenient for the park.

YettiLegs11 Tue 21-Mar-17 19:05:25

I have stayed in Newport Bay, Disneyland Hotel and Cheyenne. I loved Cheyenne and we have been there a few times. I also loved Newport Bay. I would deffo recommend these two

shartsi Tue 21-Mar-17 19:05:44

We stayed at the Explorers hotel. Kids loved it.

outcrops Tue 21-Mar-17 19:07:08

I would upgrade a cheaper hotel over booking a more expensive one. You get additional perks (no queue for breakfast, fast passes etc) that way and none of the hotels are that great. I'd go for Newport upgraded rather than DLH for example.

KingPrawnOkay Tue 21-Mar-17 19:39:26

It really depends on what you see it as. For us (me + best friend) it was just somewhere to sleep so we stayed in Santa Fe, bloody lovely and the cleanest place I've ever stayed at but the breakfast wasn't anything to write home about. But when me and my partner go, he wants to stay in Newport Bay because it's "less peasent-ly" and he wants to actually relax there. But honestly they're all very, very nice hotels.

Ulysses Tue 21-Mar-17 19:55:54

We stayed at the New York, New York and it was so-so. Strangely corporate and I think it was the one down from the Disneyworld Hotel itself. I do think it is worthwhile staying in the park but would consider one of the cheaper places and treat it like a base. I'm sure ours had a swimming pool but was too tired from the park to actually use it!

A1Sharon Wed 22-Mar-17 10:54:21

We have stayed at the Davy Crockett, it was nice but the kids were smaller and it suited us then. Ants everywhere though.
Last time we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel.
We had a very big room, 2 x king beds, and a large comfortable sofa bed. We were 2 adults 3 kids. There was plenty of space in the room, not cramped at all, chairs and a table. We used our meal vouchers for room service every day and the food was great! Decent pizzas, club sandwiches, lovely fries, and great little bowls of salad and rolls came with it too.
The bathroom was large and spotless. Plenty of towels etc. There is a pool, the kids enjoyed that.
The breakfast was good. We never had to queue-we went during school time mid week in May. Plenty of bread/rolls, cold meats, fruit, yogurts, cereal etc, and the usual hot food.
My youngest was 3 so it was very handy if he ever wanted a break there was no long walk back to the hotel, although we had the buggy too.
It isn't 5 star luxury, but it was a very good experience for us. I would recommend it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now