Talk

Advanced search

Swimming nappies?!?

(4 Posts)
NuttyCasey Mon 20-Mar-17 09:40:48

Hi all,

We are going on holiday with our almost 2 year old in May and plan to spend most of our time around the pool/beach and can't decide whether to stick to disposable swim nappies or invest in some reusable ones?

I can see the benefits of using reusable ones, however would not be looking forward to cleaning them (by hand! As we'll be in a hotel) when he poo's!!!

Any advice would be most appreciated, thank you!x

NuffSaidSam Mon 20-Mar-17 09:46:47

Stick to disposable ones, unless there is a specific reason not to?

By next summer he/she will be nearly three and potty trained so you'll only need them this summer.

Janek Mon 20-Mar-17 13:37:04

If he is on solids then the poo is likely to be solid too, so can just be tipped into the toilet. The swim nappy may need to be rinsed through, but it should be no more traumatic than changing a nappy!

NuttyCasey Mon 20-Mar-17 15:18:12

NuffSaidSam that is a very good point! Hadn't really considered that he would grow out of them!!

Janek, although he is very much on solids (will not drink milk under any circumstances!!) he is lactose intolerant and it affects his bottom end more than the top end so it's not very often they come out hard enough to tip down the toilet sadly for me sad! So I'm a bit concerned at the mess I may have to clear up everyday!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now