Talk

Advanced search

Taking babies on a plane??

(9 Posts)
Jenniferb21 Sun 19-Mar-17 14:41:21

Hi

Just packing for a 2 week holiday with my 11 month old DS. Travel time without delays should be 12 hours max. I'm worried I'll forget something really important but also want to keep my DS as occupied as possible.

For the plane I've packed:
10 x nappies
Baby cup and spoon
Few bibs
4 x food pouches and snacks
Baby wipes x 2 packs
Sterilising wipes
3 x bottles (will last 24 hours)
Baby milk x 5 (inc 2 extra in case)
4 x sensory books
2 x small toys
Usual comforter/ blanket
2 x change of clothes for baby
Baby sunglasses
Baby suncream for landing
Ipad with baby music/videos

Thanks all x

Orangedaisy Sun 19-Mar-17 14:43:21

Change of clothes for you in case of nappy leak/spillage etc. Don't bother with more toys, just let baby shred the inflight magazine.

Orangedaisy Sun 19-Mar-17 14:44:37

And if you must have sun hat and glasses for landing, suggest sun hat too! jealous someone is getting a holiday when I'm not

RedSandYellowSand Sun 19-Mar-17 14:57:35

A stash of nappy sacks / plastic bags to wrap dirty clothes/ nappies, anything else revolting in.
And yes to a change a clothes for you (and sunglasses for you?)

wonkylegs Sun 19-Mar-17 14:59:36

YY to the change of clothes for you - I once got fast tracked through immigration because I had sat pretty much the whole flight with poop down one leg, vomit & wee down the other (baby however was content in clean clothes) & I stank.... I never knew if it the reason for whisking me through was pity or just to give the rest of the passengers a break from whiffy me.

If they will sit with cartoons a DVD or tablet with favourite programmes on & sound off at this age or with noise limiting headphones when a bit bigger will entertain them for a bit without annoying other passengers.
Just remember they have attention spans of gnats at this age so need more things to do than you think.

Do they have a toy they sleep with don't forget them as you may get them down for a nap

I always take their favourite snacks and dole them out generously to keep them quiet. Our DS will be 15months for our next flight and thankfully has a big brother to entertain him some of the time but he will have his beaker, biscuits, chocolate buttons & some carrot sticks in hand luggage.

Iamastonished Sun 19-Mar-17 23:03:43

Can you take food pouches through security?

Jenniferb21 Mon 20-Mar-17 08:09:59

I think baby food and liquids can be over 100ml from what I've researched but they might ask you to taste some of it. Errrr lol

Jenniferb21 Mon 20-Mar-17 08:10:44

Thanks everyone for the tips I'm hoping he mainly sleeps! Struggling to think of what toys we could take that are compact that would keep him as entertained as possible.

mimbleandlittlemy Mon 20-Mar-17 08:22:48

As others have said don't forget a change of clothes for you. You do not want to get off that plane covered in any form of leakage or upchuck and equally don't want to sit in the plane in a state either if something unpleasing happens early in the flight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now