Talk

Advanced search

Flight date changed

(7 Posts)
justmetwice Sat 18-Mar-17 19:15:51

Would appreciate any help. We bought our flights for Easter a couple of months ago. We heard yesterday from the online travel agent we bought them from (travelup - they seemed slightly cheaper so didn't buy direct) that the flight we were on from Rome (on Easter Monday) had been cancelled. They are only offering the option of flying the next day. We have asked for Easter Sunday and they are saying there is no option. We can see options online. Does any one have any ideas of what we can do. The travel agent is travelup. We never used them before. This means more accommodation costs and an extra day off annual leave. Can we get compensation? Who from? Travelup or our travel insurance (we have a multi trip insurance). What can we get compensation from? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 18-Mar-17 21:06:00

You were probably sold a dynamic package and those are very
different indeed from standard package deals. When things go wrong there is very little legal redress for customers sold such packages.

I would talk with your insurers as they would have a legal department.
Which airline did they book with, your contract I think is with them rather than this company.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 18-Mar-17 21:09:35

This is interesting to read as well:-

www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-changes

Did you properly read their t and c 's beforehand?. In their t and c's this company have described this change to your flight as a minor change.

justmetwice Sat 18-Mar-17 22:15:42

Thanks Attila... Will have a look... This is just unexpected as someone who flies around 8 times a year... You always learn new things

Curlyshabtree Sat 18-Mar-17 22:25:59

The airline should be able to offer you the Easter Sunday providing there is availability In the same booking class. Do remember that it's the airline that has cancelled the flight, not the travel agent, they are just relaying the info to you (as they must do).You should be able to get a full refund if the alternative doesn't suit. No compensation will be offered though. I work in travel and deal with schedule changes almost every day. I've had one recently which was 4 days! Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions.

justmetwice Sat 18-Mar-17 22:44:02

We are being told there are no options on the Sunday, which is the main frustrating part. We have already paid for accommodation and some other activities unfortunately.

Curlyshabtree Sun 19-Mar-17 08:28:03

I guess there's no availability then or the airline don't fly that day. You wouldn't be put onto another airline.. Which airline is it? Scheduled or charter?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now