Talk

Advanced search

India with kids

(7 Posts)
sabzagak Sat 18-Mar-17 16:18:33

Hi ladies. I am going with my to India for first time . 6 year and 7 years old. Any suggestions or info? Thank you

PippaH74 Sat 18-Mar-17 18:44:57

Took our 5 and 7 year old to Sri Lanka last year and had a ball. Top tip of things that I would take that you might not have thought of/ know about:
-Dioralyte (we all had a jippy tummy at one point or another, and these were great for rehydration.)
-Selection of snacks that your children like... were handy to keep them going, especially when they had jippy tummy.
-Pipity Activity cases and books - kids were given these before we went, and used them loads during our trip, so handy (and are still using them now).
-Cards and Dobble - played lots of games, Dobble is fab as lots of different ways to play.
-Long light sleeve tops and trousers (there were mosquitos at night in a couple of places)
Hope this helps, have a great trip!

ivykaty44 Sat 18-Mar-17 18:51:24

Your GP will have advice on injections and anything you can take in the event of illness.

Imodium instance are great, had gel, flat come, and zero sports rehydration tablets to put in water

ivykaty44 Sat 18-Mar-17 18:52:05

Flat coke
Hand gel

ShanghaiDiva Sun 19-Mar-17 12:04:21

From a medical perspective make sure all vaccinations are up to date and check what others you need - hep A and B eg, deet and check whether you need anti malarials depending on area and season.
Hand sanitiser, wipes, imodium, rehydration salts, basic first aid kit. My gp also gave me some antibiotics to use after consultation with the alarm centre for our medical insurance company. I live in China so your gp may not be able to do this.
playing cards and top trumps are always good.
Snacks for trips -any fruit you can peel is always good for food on the go in India, but we also had back up snacks of crackers, muesli type bars.

321Go Mon 20-Mar-17 00:13:21

Sabzagak what time of year are you planning to go? Pippa when did you go?
I'm keen on traveling to both India and Sri Lanka but we are restricted to July / august (school holidays) and would be interested to know if you went/will go at a similar time
Thanks!

sabzagak Sun 09-Apr-17 12:30:17

Hi ladies thank you very much for the advice. I am here right now and so far kids are happy and no problem yet. 😊😘

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now