Talk

Advanced search

Eiffel Tower

(16 Posts)
user1475317873 Sat 18-Mar-17 09:19:09

We are going to Paris and I was wondering if we need to buy tickets in advance to go in the Eiffel Tower?

Thank you

I8toys Sat 18-Mar-17 14:31:07

They were queuing when we went at February Half Term so I would. We had lunch at 58 Tour Eiffel and would recommend it.

kel1493 Sat 18-Mar-17 14:33:42

I'd definitely recommend booking in advance

BikeRunSki Sat 18-Mar-17 14:52:17

Yes!!!! We went last Easter and the queues were massive.

We tried to book on the ET website about a month before we went and they were sold out pretty much for the whole of the week after, which is when we went. The ET was the whole reason we were going to Paris!!!

We got tickets for an ET Tour through last minute.com. The tour was really interesting and included "fast pass" entry to the ET. We left the tour half way through (this was fine by the guide) because the dc were not that interested! (They were 4 and 7).

user1475317873 Sat 18-Mar-17 20:00:43

Thank you

Just looked at the website and there are not tickets available in any of the days we will be there. Hopefully we can queue and buy them whenwe are there. I am quite dissapointed now. I have been with my husband but not the kids and they really want to go to the top.

user1475317873 Sat 18-Mar-17 20:01:29

Will look at lastminuteh. Thank you

AFingerofFudge Sat 18-Mar-17 20:07:50

Or how about doing what we did and going up the Tour Montparnasse (hardly any queues and cheaper) then you get to look at the views of Paris with the Eiffel Tower in it! Go at dusk and it's beautiful

Knifegrinder Sat 18-Mar-17 20:11:03

I was about to say Tour Montparnasse. The whole point of the EF is that it's iconic and beautiful, neither of which you can appreciate when you're actually on it. You're just climbing something tall with an awful lot of other tourists, and dodging hawkers trying to flog you light up Tour Eiffel key rings. Whereas the best thing about the hideous TM is that you can't see it when you're on it.

CotswoldStrife Sat 18-Mar-17 20:15:27

We went last summer and queued on the day to buy tickets - but could only visit the first two platforms as the top (3rd platform) was too busy. We may go back this summer and book in advance as DD wants to go to the top!

The Montparnasse sounds fab for the evening!

user1475317873 Sun 26-Mar-17 10:42:57

Thank you very much for the Tour Montparnasse recommendation. We didn't know about it. Will book it.

treaclesoda Sun 26-Mar-17 10:47:16

I think I'm the only person who ever got to the top of the Eiffel Tower without queuing.

There were armed soldiers at the bottom and police everywhere. Apparently there was some sort of security alert. But because I'm from N Ireland that was totally normal to me so I sauntered up to the ticket booth, bought a ticket and went up. It was only when I told people about it afterwards (including a friend who lives in Paris) that I discovered it was a bit out of the ordinary. grin

treaclesoda Sun 26-Mar-17 10:48:45

(Not normal now, but this was donkeys years ago, so was normal to me at the time)

blueskyinmarch Sun 26-Mar-17 10:51:02

You didn’t need to queue if you are willing and able to go up the stairs. That's what we did. I am not very fit and a bit fat but i managed no problem. Couldn’t go up the last bit as that is an elevator and you need to have a ticket but you don’t really need to get all the way up to get great views.

megletthesecond Sun 26-Mar-17 10:54:58

blue I'd wondered about walking up too. I'd love to take the dc's for the day.

CotswoldStrife Sun 26-Mar-17 19:43:02

We are planning to go back this summer and do the Tour (tower) Montparnasse, especially as you can use Tesco Clubcard vouchers for it!

HattietheManatee Sun 26-Mar-17 20:19:10

We went in October hapf term and there were queues for security BEFORE the ticket queues. We were fast tracked because of buggy. After that there was a much shorter queue to walk up to first viewing platform but teenager couldn't face it so had LONG queue for tickets with lift (probably about an hour)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now