Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a holiday!

(12 Posts)
economymode Tue 14-Mar-17 22:10:57

Hi,

We're a family of 5 (kids 6, 4 and 9 months at time of travel). For some reason I'm really struggling to find a holiday this year - just finding the choice overwhelming and don't know where to start.

We were toying with the idea of going abroad but my husband doesn't want to drive and i don't want to be stuck on one resort all week. Public transport with the kids would be pretty stressful.

So, we're thinking UK. I want something a bit more special than the usual slightly tatty cottage we tend to stay in. Ultimately, I want a break and want to feel like it's a bit of a treat. Ideally somewhere near the beach but with a swimming pool on site for when (if) the weather isn't great. Nice accommodation and something that the older two will enjoy. Day trips with indoor options. Trains big attraction! We love south/west wales. I'm thinking possibly a cluster of holiday cottages with shared facilities, but i don't know where to look!

Or if you have any cost effective Europe break ideas, I'll take them too!

Getting stressed trying to sort a holiday. Ridiculous!

Thanks in advance

No1HolidayPlanner Tue 14-Mar-17 22:54:27

Have a look at www.premiercottages.co.uk. They have a good choice of cottages in clusters, often with pool and games room.. All four of five star.. smile

economymode Wed 15-Mar-17 06:47:24

Thank you, will check that out!

Lapinlapin Wed 15-Mar-17 06:49:07

This place is fab:

www.bosinver.co.uk

LIZS Wed 15-Mar-17 06:58:13

Agree with Bosinver. Would be great with little ones, things to do onsite but you can easily get to beaches, Eden Project, Heligan etc for a day out.

economymode Wed 15-Mar-17 10:50:59

Bosinver looks great, exactly the kind of place that would suit. Unfortunately they only have one 5 day break left in August. Ideally looking for a week but definitely food for thought.

BarbaraofSeville Wed 15-Mar-17 11:05:04

What do you mean 'stuck on a resort all week'? If you stayed in a hotel with kids clubs within walking distance of the main resort, there will be quite a lot to do locally, and I'ev always found the buses in the Canary Islands or Malta and Gozo really easy to use and cheap.

Princess Yaiza, Playa Blanca Lanzarote is a common Mumsnet suggestion for families, it's right on the beach, has kids clubs, you can get a bus or taxi from the airport and there are organised coach tours if you want to do things like go to the volcano park.

likewhatevs Wed 15-Mar-17 11:23:22

We're going here this year www.hendra-holidays.com/ Basically because if there's an indoor water option, they're happy. They are older though so can look after themselves in water (7 and 10)

RedWineLush Wed 15-Mar-17 11:26:07

Clydey cottages are lovely, would highly recommend.

SarcasticMrKnowItAll Wed 15-Mar-17 11:29:01

Have a look at Darwin Escapes (sorry can't link!)

I've stayed at the Cheddar one which was gorgeous and have booked the Cornwall one, they also have one in Wales

economymode Wed 15-Mar-17 16:57:23

Thanks everyone, some great suggestions. flowers

Avebury Thu 16-Mar-17 13:36:44

Hoburne Naish - great splash pool for little ones as well as a full sized pool indoor and outdoor. Beach and playground on site and easy reach of Paultons Park as well as lots of other attractions and the New Forest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now