Talk

Advanced search

Hotels who have family rooms for 5??

(12 Posts)
Crispmonster1 Mon 13-Mar-17 06:53:36

We are travelling across Europe through France and Switzerland and Austria this summer and I have tried to book hotels. We are a family of 5 and all the hotels which appeal say we exceed maximum occupancy of family rooms. I would prefer a hotel to air bnb as I want to be catered for in the evenings and mornings.
Can anyone recommend a chain of hotel who have big family rooms?

anotherdayanothersquabble Mon 13-Mar-17 07:00:49

Watching... sorry. We have the same problems so we camp!

DorothyL Mon 13-Mar-17 07:03:10

There's a website called sleeps5.com which lists hotels that accommodate 5.

Also worth going on booking.com and setting the search criteria accordingly, have often found places this way.

sooperdooper Mon 13-Mar-17 07:04:02

Lots of hotels have ajoining rooms, try searching for that rather than one room you can all fit in

ControlledAdultChild Mon 13-Mar-17 07:04:56

BB chain in France have some rooms for 5 but they are really basic.

doradoo Mon 13-Mar-17 07:22:49

We're having the same problem - have given up, last year for overnight stops it was two rooms with DH and I sharing the kids out between us. My D.C. Are also on the bigger side to all be crammed into one room too now - trying to find interconnecting rooms instead, but you can't seem to book/request these online and need to speak to the hotels themselves.

mummymeister Mon 13-Mar-17 07:43:19

Its a nightmare if there are more than 4 in your family. there are very few/next to none that could offer one room for our family so we always split into two with one adult in each room. I always rang ahead to the hotel to make sure that they were adjoining not always successful in that either. this is why we self cater.

Crispmonster1 Mon 13-Mar-17 12:35:08

We are only looking for stop overs as camping when we arrive. Just wanted an easy couple of days getting there!!! They should have mentioned this at family planning!! grin

Iamastonished Mon 13-Mar-17 12:37:46

If it is for stopovers surely it wouldn't be too much of a hardship to do as others have suggested and take 2 rooms and have a parent in each.

MerryMarigold Mon 13-Mar-17 12:39:27

We stayed in a really cheap place on the way, I think it was outside Lyons. It was like caravan-style rooms - and got 2 rooms. One of those off-the-motorway places.

anotherdayanothersquabble Mon 13-Mar-17 13:12:49

Money no object and if you can make the dates work these are truly beautiful and they deliver dinner and breakfast in a picnic basket. lake cabins

Ancienchateau Tue 14-Mar-17 08:02:57

Try Kyriad or Appart'City

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now