Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How long from Heathrow to Paddington after international flight?

(9 Posts)
AlpacaPicnic Sat 11-Mar-17 14:02:53

How long would you allow?
If a flight is due to land at 9.15am, and I need to collect luggage and clear customs, and a train leaves Paddington at 12.06 (this sounds like one of those awful maths problems!) is that enough time to make that 12.06 train? I honestly have no idea!!
I'm flying back from USA and I have a British passport if that's a factor?

blueskyinmarch Sat 11-Mar-17 14:04:37

That is masses and masses of time. Like far too much time! You will catch that train easily.

viques Sat 11-Mar-17 14:09:19

Passport control shouldn't be a problem, the issue is getting your luggage, depending on the number of flights coming through then you can be stuck waiting for what seems like hours but is probably about 40 minutes, though could be hours if something goes wrong. The Heathrow express is really quick so I think it is worth paying for .

In theory you have enough time, but in reality lots of little things could slow you down.

Mummychoochoo3 Sat 11-Mar-17 14:14:26

Yes you should be fine. I'd recommend you get either the heathrow express train. Will take you 15mins to get there. Grab a coffee in paddington of you get there early.

AlpacaPicnic Sat 11-Mar-17 14:29:47

Awesome, thanks! I'd rather be there early and hanging about for a bit, but not for too long iyswim! I'll be tired after a night flight so too much hanging round will lead to sleeping...

mrsmortis Mon 13-Mar-17 14:50:08

I wouldn't expect it to take anywhere near that much time.

Is there any reason you need to decide which train to get now? There are trains every 15 minutes. Why not just get an open ticket and get on the first train after you get there? I never bother getting one until I arrive at Heathrow. (I live in the UK but travel to the US a couple of times a year).

AlpacaPicnic Mon 13-Mar-17 22:32:35

mrsMortis, I'm going to be travelling back to the West Country after a long holiday so I expect to be a bit jet lagged and sleepy. There is only a train once an hour and I can't really afford an open ticket, when I can prebook one for £20-30. I just like having everything lined up nicely.

I'm one of life's great overplanners I guess!

specialsubject Tue 14-Mar-17 14:26:08

If time permits an extra 45 mins, take the tube for £6. Heathrow express and connect are traps for those with loads of cash.

NotCitrus Tue 14-Mar-17 14:52:05

Do you have a UK passport, and are you alone?
If so, probably fine. But if it takes 20 minutes to disembark, then 30 min to get through immigration, then another 30 min to get bags, another 20 to get to the HEx platform, then buy a ticket, wait for a train - it could get tight if there are delays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now