Talk

Advanced search

Sunbeds - hotels where there are plenty?

(16 Posts)
kittykitty Fri 10-Mar-17 09:31:09

About to book our summer holiday and I really want to ensure we're staying in a hotel which isn't somewhere you have to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve a sunbed.
So.... anyone been to a hotel (Europe, pref) which either had so many sunbeds it wasn't a problem or had a proper sunbed policy that stopped folk reserving them and then not coming back for hours.?

BarbaraofSeville Fri 10-Mar-17 16:05:04

Is this one of those things where, during high season, no hotel has enough sunbeds and it's only if you go outside the main season when the hotel isn't full that there are going to be enough?

I've never had a problem getting a sunbed when I've wanted one, but I've never been on holiday in the main school holidays.

Or perhaps if you go to a hotel that doesn't do All Inclusive and is near a beach and other amenities, people are more likely to go out for the day, leaving more sunbeds free?

Conversely, what about one of those mega hotels with lots of pools. Some of the Egyptian and Cape Verde ones have loads of pools and are very large resorts, but they are the type of place where people are likely to spend more time on site, so might not help the sunbed situation, and are not in Europe. I don't know if there are similar massive multi pool hotels in Europe and if they are any better.

Or perhaps an aparthotel/bungalow complex where there are dedicated sunbeds for each unit? We stayed in a bungalow complex in Lanzarote and each bungalow had a little patio and 4 sunbeds, so enough for everyone.

kittykitty Sat 11-Mar-17 00:08:38

Yes I'm thinking that self catering might be the way to go. Last year we were in a hotel where we had access to a special pool area we paid more for so sun beds weren't a problem. But I'm on a smaller budget this year!

pinkhorse Sat 11-Mar-17 00:23:22

We went to Tenerife where there were plenty. It was an adult only hotel though

kittykitty Sat 11-Mar-17 08:52:43

Yes I hear that a lot. Adults only won't work for us though! It's such a shame more hotels don't stamp down on the whole bed reserving thing.

justaweeone Sat 11-Mar-17 09:04:15

Villa every time for us, cannot abide the sunbed bun fight!!
What about hotel that has swim up rooms? What's your criteria , budget and month you want to go and I'll have a think.

wifeyhun Sun 12-Mar-17 23:01:05

Hotel Gold River or hotel Portaventura in Salou. Most people in theme park during the day.

One August there was only about four people in a gigantic swimming pool.

HemanOrSheRa Sun 12-Mar-17 23:06:37

This hotel has a sunbed allocation system, I think. I read about it on MN grin. I've not been but it looks fantastic www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g190384-d291037-Reviews-Alexander_The_Great_Beach_Hotel-Paphos_Paphos_District.html.

kittykitty Mon 13-Mar-17 14:14:22

Looking for a Med beach hotel around £1800 for me and my daughter - week in August. Cyprus one would be great but I nearly melted there the last time I went during the summer hols!

justaweeone Mon 13-Mar-17 16:20:44

Something like this
http://www.astirodysseuskos.com/accommodation-tingaki-greece/double-sharing-pool-room
How old is your daughter ? Do you want to have the use of a large shared pool?

Trollspoopglitter Mon 13-Mar-17 16:22:44

I'd look for something on the beach, so you get some people who go to the beach loungers and others who like pool

justaweeone Mon 13-Mar-17 16:25:50

Another
https://www.iberostar.com/en/hotels/fuerteventura/iberostar-fuerteventura-palace/rooms

justaweeone Mon 13-Mar-17 16:29:28

More
http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/holiday/accommodation/rooms/Cala-Millor/Holiday-Village-Majorca-046925

BusterTheBulldog Mon 13-Mar-17 16:31:39

Sunrise pearl in Protaras, Cyprus- you have your subbed reserved for the entire time you are there-it was fab!

ihearttc Mon 13-Mar-17 16:44:18

We went to Sandos San Blas in Tenerife last year in August and there were plenty of sunbeds in fact they got more out if there wasn't enough but they weren't cramped at all.

PossumInAPearTree Mon 13-Mar-17 16:47:41

I recently booked a holiday to Tenerife. My main thing was no fighting for sun beds. In the end I decided to book a privately owned apartment in one of the big complexes. Think it's parc Santiago 3 we're going to. Booked it direct with the owner and because it's privately owned it's kitted out better, so satellite tv, wifi, two sun beds!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now