We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bladdy hell flights to lanzarote

(26 Posts)
prettywhiteguitar Wed 08-Mar-17 12:38:18

They are expensive! Trying to book for next February as I've found a glamping place that looks nice, for 5 it's £2000, 2 adults, 3 children. Anyone have an idea of the time of year which it may be cheaper to book for Feb half term ?

dreamingofsun Wed 08-Mar-17 12:42:50

thats an expensive time as its only a short window and there aren't many places to go in Feb for sun. Who's the flight with? Can you go from another airport with another carrier? does it have to be lanzarote - what about somewhere else in the canaries. Locally we can fly with thomson or ryan air to canaries and thomson are really expensive. Not convinced it will go down that much now, and if you leave it to very last minute the villa will probably get booked anyway

prettywhiteguitar Wed 08-Mar-17 12:47:59

Yes of course, oh well I guess that is the problem with wanting to go away at that time. I think I will shop around, I could book the yurt and book the flights later I guess. It makes the holiday much cheaper than a hotel package but I was hoping the flights would be half that !
Thanks for your help.

prettywhiteguitar Wed 08-Mar-17 12:48:15

Sorry it's Ryan air

BigMamaFratelli Wed 08-Mar-17 12:48:52

Who is that with? Is that because the budget airlines haven't released their dates that far ahead yet?

We're going with Ryanair in the summer hols, booked last month and it's cost us nowhere near that much..

prettywhiteguitar Wed 08-Mar-17 12:48:55

We can fly from Manchester, Leeds Bradford or East Midlands

BigMamaFratelli Wed 08-Mar-17 12:50:24

Sorry, cross posts

SoulAccount Wed 08-Mar-17 12:52:13

To be fair it is a way past Europe, and half term is a peak time, so I wouldn't necessarily expect it to be cheap. Air fares have gone up a lot, I daresay the cost of airport taxes into European airports has risen because of the fall of the £ against the Euro, etc etc.

Monarch are advertising cheap flights generally, but not sure they are a good bet at the moment. I think we went to Lanzarote on Monarch.

TweenageAngst Wed 08-Mar-17 12:53:49

What dates??

oldwife Wed 08-Mar-17 12:56:00

Wow - they are expensive. I just had a look too.

You tried looking at them via skyscanner. You can then see what all the different airlines have to offer. Also fly out with one company, back on another? Or if possible in and out of different local airports (in UK).

Bizarrely too it can be better value to book a holiday package.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Wed 08-Mar-17 12:56:05

It is really expensive because the demand is high and options limited.

You could try varying your dates? We were to the Canaries in Feb half term and found it was cheaper to go a bit before main school hols (there was an inset day) and go for 6 or 8 days.

We were lucky the year we went half the UK was on half term when we were and half the week after.

prettywhiteguitar Wed 08-Mar-17 12:56:23

Right I see, thanks for the advice guys.

We look to fly 10th Feb return the 17th

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Wed 08-Mar-17 12:58:28

My friend found she saved something like £600 for a family of 4 if she flew back after 6 days instead of 7. Also saved the cost of a night in the hotel.

TweenageAngst Wed 08-Mar-17 13:00:01

Skyscanner found Thomas Cook from Manchester on those dates for £1200

TweenageAngst Wed 08-Mar-17 13:01:33

From Luton for just over a thousand.

dreamingofsun Wed 08-Mar-17 13:01:34

£655.00 bradford to tenerife south - personally i'd go there instead

prettywhiteguitar Wed 08-Mar-17 13:03:27

Wow thank you ! Forgot about skyscanner

dreamingofsun Wed 08-Mar-17 13:04:25

manchester to lanzarote 263 per person - so think there are much cheaper options available. you aren't adding luggage to everyone's?

prettywhiteguitar Wed 08-Mar-17 13:04:57

There's not as much glamping in Tenerife unfortunately, don't mind paying around a grand

TweenageAngst Wed 08-Mar-17 13:06:07

If you go Friday to Friday you can go for less than £800

oldwife Wed 08-Mar-17 13:07:12

I am unsure when half term is ?

Is it 17 February next year?

Anyway - I looked on Thomas Cook - input details as if it were me travelling. I put MAN-ACE - 2 adults 3 children. Added 2 hold bags only(generous weight allowance actually 23kg each). I didn't reserve seats or book any food.

Came to £1210.90

ShotsFired Wed 08-Mar-17 13:16:13

I cannot bring myself to book budget airlines when they cost more than full service ones. I cannot bring myself to book Ryanair at all, but that's another story

I would rather go elsewhere/staycation.

exWifebeginsat40 Wed 08-Mar-17 14:10:02

try iberia via Madrid. or just look at uk to Madrid, and Madrid to Lanzarote. Ryanair have massively scaled back the uk business and have invested in Europe so cheap flights are available there.

skyscanner is the best website.

mrsmortis Wed 08-Mar-17 15:27:03

Don't book two legs like that with Ryanair. They won't recognise them as a single journey so if you miss your connection you'll get no support. It's not like booking with BA where they'd have a duty of care in that situation.

mummymeister Wed 08-Mar-17 15:28:39

Momondo is a good flight comparison website. limited places for warmth at feb half term means it is always going to expensive. not so much the euro situation but also that there are lots of places that people used to traditionally go for winter sun type holidays that, because of security concerns, they wont go to any more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now