Talk

Advanced search

Readymade formula - Menorca

(19 Posts)
MrsFletch2011 Wed 08-Mar-17 10:58:53

Has anyone come across readymade formula in Menorca recently? We are going out in June and the readymade stuff would make life so much easier and more of a holiday for me! (If I could fit my Perfect Prep machine in my suitcase I would take that instead!!!!)

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Wed 08-Mar-17 11:03:33

Granted I've not been through an airport in a while, but you used to be able to pick it up in departures and take it in the plane, friends would do a boots order to collect. Is this still allowed?

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Wed 08-Mar-17 11:04:26

My new baby will only drink ready made formula, can't tolerate powder so I'd be screwed if I had a holiday booked before weaning shock

MrsJayy Wed 08-Mar-17 11:06:08

Yes you can still do that order at boots and collect on the airsde somebody said on another thead are you not allowed to take preemade in your luggage ?

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Wed 08-Mar-17 11:13:38

Ahhh cool, I'd do thst then OP,thst way you know you have it and won't worry when you are away.

How old is you baby? If they are only on a couple of feeds a day, you an get teats/spouts that go straight on those little bottles to save you taking bottles with you. I'll find you the link.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Wed 08-Mar-17 11:15:31

3in1 Teat, Age range 3m - 12m+, Green ink{https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OBEO2BO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fE-Vyb6G0R1V?tag=mumsnetforum-21M\www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OBEO2BO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fE-Vyb6G0R1V?tag=mumsnetforum-21]]M}

This is the thingy. There is also a soft spout version too. A lot less to sterilise!

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Wed 08-Mar-17 11:16:08

3in1 Teat, Age range 3m - 12m+, Green ink{https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OBEO2BO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fE-Vyb6G0R1V?tag=mumsnetforum-21M\www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OBEO2BO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fE-Vyb6G0R1V?tag=mumsnetforum-21]]M}

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Wed 08-Mar-17 11:17:20

I'm not sure why it won't work, so I've screenshot for you instead lol!

MrsFletch2011 Wed 08-Mar-17 11:48:46

In 2013 we went on holiday with my eldest daughter with the whole family so I asked every member of the family to carry 2 of the large readymade bottles in their suitcases which was great. This time round we are travelling on our own on a 10 day holiday so it would take most of our luggage allowance! Can you buy 10 days worth (probably around 8 -10 large bottles) in Boots in the departure terminal and then take them on the plane? Perhaps I should just do half and half. Pack some and buy some at the airport. Would be so much easier if I could just buy it in a supermarket out there!!!

MrsFletch2011 Wed 08-Mar-17 11:51:10

Those Chillipeeps do look amazing for the smaller bottles though! Thanks whatthefreakinwhatnow!

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Wed 08-Mar-17 12:09:08

I used them for DD when she was younger, they are ever so handy. Is your DD only having formula or weaned?

If only formula those bottles hold approx 40oz of milk, if that helps you work out how many you need?

MrsJayy Wed 08-Mar-17 12:41:12

Splitting it 50/50 is a good idea i think you can pre order though maybe from the airport website

MrsFletch2011 Wed 08-Mar-17 14:05:09

DD will be 6 months old when we travel so I will be starting to ween her then but I think we will still need around 35oz every day (sorry just working this out loud!) which is around 10 bottles. I'm going to investigate whether they sell the larger bottles in boots on pre-order as we have 10kg of hand luggage each so if I split it with 5 bottles in hold and 5 bottles in hand luggage we should be fine. Thanks everyone! If anyone does know if they sell the readymade stuff over there then please do let me know!!!

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Wed 08-Mar-17 17:23:31

Does the baby get hand luggage?! When I flew with inevitable as babies they had a ticket so technically had 10kg too, but will depend on the airline. Check as if she does that will make it easier!

MrsFletch2011 Thu 09-Mar-17 09:41:36

I just checked and the baby gets 10kg of hold luggage included so I can stick a couple in her bag too! Sorted!

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Thu 09-Mar-17 09:54:51

Ahhhhh ace! Double check you have a fridge in your room for the open bottles and you are all set! Have a great time!

wigglesrock Thu 09-Mar-17 12:33:16

I was able to get the small cartons of ready made Aptamil/ Cow & Gate in the resort/hotel supermarket when we were in both Ibiza and Mallorca. I had to go a pharmacy to get a bigger tub of powder as opposed to ready made.

lopdedop Thu 09-Mar-17 13:00:44

They sell it in Eroski supermarkets (so likely they sell in all of them, but that's the only one that's online. It's s nestle one. €1.99 for half a litre. Where are you staying?

MrsFletch2011 Thu 09-Mar-17 21:40:39

Thanks whatthefreakinwhatnow! We are staying in a Villa in Son Bou so we will have a fridge etc thankfully. We do our shopping just outside Mahon (as so much cheaper than in the resort) and I know where the Eroksi is 👍🏻. Great to hear that it exists out there. Will take a look at the Nestle version online. Thanks all x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now