Talk

Advanced search

Time away from children

(5 Posts)
dannyboyle Mon 06-Mar-17 22:05:16

I'm looking for advice on place to go for a break
Due to childcare issues it is difficult for husband and I to get a break together and I fancy a long weekend away by myself where I do not need to answer to anyone but myself.
Needs to be manageable on a long weekend basis, cost not really an issue, would like some warmth, interest and activity and sleep! Needs to be somewhere safe. Any ideas please?

JadeHawkinsTC Tue 07-Mar-17 09:28:47

Hi dannyboyle, if you are looking abroad my two suggestions to you would be Lisbon or Barcelona. Neither are to far and both will give you the things you are looking for. I work in travel so could suggest other ideas but these where the immediate ones that came to mind with your requirements.

mummymeister Tue 07-Mar-17 14:27:44

I would look at a really good spa hotel in the uk or also at one of the wellness or mindful weekends that a lot of hotels now run. there are also crafting weekends, cookery weekends etc but these might be not your interest or a bit too active for this break.

Dreadfulidea Tue 07-Mar-17 18:21:09

I was going to say Barcelona too. The 1898 is a perfect hotel. Very well done. Has a pool inside and out, beautiful views, in the thick of it but not too far from the beach, the Gothis quarter etc.
However depends on when you can leave Uk on Friday and how much lee way you have Monday. Even though it's less than two hours flying you'll have to get to the airport and be there 1 1/2 early - so that's at least 4-5 hours just travelling plus 30 mins the other end.
Having said that it's a popular city break for a reason.

surreynotsurrey Sun 12-Mar-17 08:06:35

Ha, I was going to suggest Barcelona too!

Or Bath - stay at the Pig near Bath.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now