Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris, is it any good then?

(7 Posts)
PennysUnicornHoodie Mon 06-Mar-17 15:23:44

I was looking at booking a winter break to Disneyland Paris and was wondering if it's any good and how it works/ what there is to do.

I have a 5 year old with ASD who can't really go on rides alone as he would fret / try and get out but he loves Disney characters (especially zootopia and secret life of pets, actually I'm not even sure if they're Disney films blush )
I also have a dd who will be just 4 years old when we go.

I don't really know much about Disney is it all rides like Alton towers or are there shows and things more suitable for younger children?
Had anyone been with a child who has ASD and would you recommend it?
And is it worth paying the extra for all inclusive or is it cheaper to buy while you're there?

Oh and will there be Christmas decorations at the start of November?

Anything really any tips / reviews will be appreciated as I'm utterly clueless I just know it's supposed to be really good.

Thanks in advance

2014newme Mon 06-Mar-17 19:37:57

Yes plenty of shows and parades. Why would your son be going on rides his own? Could you not go on with him?
Don't think there's zootopia or secret life if pets it's mote traditional Disney.
We love it there.

2014newme Mon 06-Mar-17 19:39:39

I another sure when in November they swith from Halloween to Xmas decor.
It can get very cold and there's a lot if walking. There is no all inclusive option but there are dining plans. If your son has additional needs they have a system where you can queue for less time

CotswoldStrife Mon 06-Mar-17 19:44:09

You can check the start date of the Christmas celebrations - they do start just after Halloween grin It will be cold ...

There are some good FB groups for planning. You can get a pass for children with ASD which means they won't have to queue as long to meet characters/get on rides if waiting is a problem - but check before you go as they do have paperwork requirements.

There are rides, shows and characters (and a fair bit of queueing for it all as you would expect for such a popular European tourist destination).

I've PM'd you a group that I used.

TittyGolightly Mon 06-Mar-17 19:47:43

Secret life isn't Disney.

No zootropilis there.

Been 3 times and pining to go again.

Teds77 Tue 07-Mar-17 20:23:07

We went 12/13 Nov last year and that was the first Christmas weekend. It was Christmassy but they don't go quite as much to town at the US resorts. There are lots of rides for smaller children - I think all you would be going on with them regardless of ASD.

The parades and character dining are also worth considering - they really do believe in it all at the younger ages.

It was pretty cold and wet the weekend we were there. For us it just meant that we didn't want to stay particularly late on the Saturday night we were at the park - I think we saw the 5.30pm parade which finished about 6ish and then wondered back to our hotel (not onsite) and got nice and warm and had dinner. In contrast when we were at Disneyland California in summer time we ate in the park and kept the kids up as late as they fancied.

TittyGolightly Tue 07-Mar-17 23:57:37

The parades and character dining are also worth considering - they really do believe in it all at the younger ages.

Mine didn't, even at 3!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now