Talk

Advanced search

Travelling with a baby. Tips for light packing/ making anything easier?

(7 Posts)
Jenniferb21 Sun 05-Mar-17 17:46:33

Hi everyone

Does anyone have any travelling tips going with DS 10 months and wondering what's the best way of sterilising his bottles without access to a microwave or kettle and any other items to pack that are must haves or that will give us an easier trip? Obviously nappies, baby wipes, all the usuals are packed already.

So far I've thought of:
Sterilising wipes
Snooze cover for the buggy
Mosquito spray
Swim nappies
Handbag size suncream

Any other tips? smile

Xxxx

welshweasel Sun 05-Mar-17 17:54:56

Milton tablets for sterilising or you can buy bags that already have the tablets in and you fill with water and hang on the back of a door and use for 24 hours. If flying can order formula and nappies etc to pick up in boots airside. A sling is useful for when you land as you don't usually get a buggy back until baggage carousel. Depending on where you are going plan to buy most nappies, baby wipes, food etc when you get there. Swim nappies can be dried and reused unless been pood in.

welshweasel Sun 05-Mar-17 17:56:18

To be honest though at 10 months I'd just wash the bottles well and the bother sterilising. If you're in a hotel make sure you take some washing up liquid. I always end up washing bottles in shower gel as I always forget.

Jenniferb21 Sun 05-Mar-17 20:00:23

Thank you smile

Does anyone know what to do about formula without a kettle in the room? I think I'm going to have to take loads of instant milk but so expensive

X

TrinityForce Sun 05-Mar-17 20:03:19

Pack a travel kettle!

redjumper Wed 15-Mar-17 14:08:30

Just try and keep everything simple and fuss free or you can end up taking loads of crap. If it's a hot holiday then even better as you don't need much.
Sling and a lightweight travel stroller with sunshade cover like you say. Calpol, nappies, wipes, not too many clothes - do a wash while away. Sterilizing tablets. Swim stuff. No need for a big buggy/car seat/loads of clothes and food and medicines etc. There's no need for toys for a 10 month old really, except something for the plane and snacks for the plane too.

Rainshowers Fri 17-Mar-17 13:44:04

Not sure where you're staying, but we just emailed the hotel we were staying in and asked them to put a kettle in the room (and empty the mini bar which we then restocked with some yoghurts, half used bottles of ready made formula, beer etc!)

Also, pack several sun hats, it's inevitable you lose at least one and another will end up soaking wet in the pool!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now