Talk

Advanced search

Why is this Jet2 bill so high?

(7 Posts)
Trickycat Sat 04-Mar-17 19:47:02

I made a booking for myself and 2 DC this week. Something has been bugging me and finally it has clicked. The total came to €400 but I paid in sterling so I paid £392. Surely it should have been about £358 at most? What has happened here? Is it worth asking Jet2 what the deal is?

celtiethree Sat 04-Mar-17 20:02:16

Jet2 have rip off exchange rates they are making money on the spread.

The exchange rate varies from place to place. When I was at the airport in Paris last year I had worked put I was better paying in euros than sterling when given the choice because the exchange rate was better.

Drquin Sat 04-Mar-17 20:05:19

Probably nothing more than them not using the best exchange rate out there.

The exchange rate they've used will be somewhere in your terms & conditions, or in your booking somewhere, possibly in the smallest of print in the most obscure of places ..... but it will be there .... and they'll likely say "you agreed to it" unfortunately.

BarbaraofSeville Sat 04-Mar-17 20:05:40

Too late now but could you have paid in euros? Was it a flight booking or something else?

Trickycat Sat 04-Mar-17 20:20:59

Yes a flight booking. I could have paid in euros. Kicking myself. With the extra charges (2 bags and 3 seats) I didn't twig that the bill was higher than it should have been. Lesson learned.

specialsubject Sat 04-Mar-17 23:04:41

Offers to pay in your own currency are a licence to print money as the exchange rate can be anything. Watch for it on holiday too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now