Talk

Advanced search

North Devon?

(5 Posts)
MimiSunshine Sat 04-Mar-17 15:50:48

Does anyone have any recommendations of areas to stay in North Devon this summer?

I've never been to that area of the county before but looking at a week / 10 days there this summer with our 1 year old.

We're looking for somewhere family friendly. Ideally walking distance to a beach and with things to see and do near by, we're fans of a walk around a castle / gardens that kind of thing with some decent restaurant options etc.

Woolacombe looks like it has a gorgeous beach (fingers crossed it doesn't rain the whole time we're away) but not sure if the town has much going on, we're happy to drive to sights etc
Ilfracombe looks like it has more of a town but less of a beach??? And no idea about Watermouth.

Any suggestions will be greatly received

londonloves Sat 04-Mar-17 15:52:06

Croyde is great. Amazing beach. Great pub in the village and shops and amazing ice cream parlour. Went there every year when I was little and loved it.

londonloves Sat 04-Mar-17 15:53:47

For castles, gardens and stuff you would need to drive anyway so if you want to stay somewhere near a beach then I would def have a look at Croyde. Ilfracombe is a nice place too, more restaurant choices probably, but the beach isn't as good.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Sat 04-Mar-17 15:58:01

Croyde for sure. It's the one place we keep going back to.

MimiSunshine Sat 04-Mar-17 16:00:47

Oh great, thank you. Will look st Croyde, for some reason I didn't think it was near the coast so assumed it wouldn't have a beach. Off to re-look at a map ☺️

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now