Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Info on flying into Manchester + connections etc

(7 Posts)
BertieBotts Sun 26-Feb-17 15:29:40

Never been there before, but we're coming back to the UK at Easter to visit family.

How long does it take to walk from arrivals T3 to the train station, and how long does it normally take to get through passport control/immigration? When we've come through the London airports it always takes forever. We won't have hold baggage, just cabin bags.

BarbaraofSeville Mon 27-Feb-17 10:35:22

Passport control isn't usually too bad if you are a UK/EU passport holder in my experience. Never have to queue for more than a few mins. No idea about outside EU.

It is miles from T3 arrivals to the train station. I am a fast walker and often do T3 to train station alone with little luggage and it is probably 15/20 minutes, so at least an actual mile. If you have luggage, DCs or mobility problems, it could be half an hour.

WhatHaveIFound Mon 27-Feb-17 10:44:23

It is quite a walk to the train station but getting through passport control is normally quite quick if you use the E-gates. Children 12 and over can use the E-gates too.

If you miss the train you have booked you can travel up to an hour later without additional fee. I think you just have to get it authorised at the station.

ErrolTheDragon Mon 27-Feb-17 12:23:51

I've not used the train at Mcr. but it says here https://www.tpexpress.co.uk/train-destinations/manchester-airport/travel-links/ that there is a shuttle bus from T3 to the station.

BertieBotts Mon 27-Feb-17 23:43:40

Yes we are EU, ok, that's good to know, thanks! DS is 8 so no e-gate this time.

Thanks for info about train station distance. The website did NOT give that impression hmm

Does the authorisation thing work even with advance tickets? National rail's website seems quite particular about it.

WhatHaveIFound Tue 28-Feb-17 08:29:20

Yes it does as i always book DH the cheapest fare so that's normally advance tickets.

BertieBotts Tue 28-Feb-17 19:16:42

Ok, that's brilliant to know, thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now