Talk

Advanced search

Waterpark holidays please help

(14 Posts)
Hairyhat Sat 25-Feb-17 19:05:41

I took my 6 year old to Scarborough last summer and the highlight of our stay was Alpamare, a huge new water park. I'd like to take dc abroad during Easter holidays and was hoping MN can advise me. I don't want to clash with foreign kids holidays. So, where should we go and if it's around 17th April, are we going to run into European kids hols?

mummymeister Sat 25-Feb-17 23:25:22

17th april outdoor European water parks wont be open in my experience. sorry.

chipsandpeas Sun 26-Feb-17 11:23:14

theres a water park just outside ayia napa in cyprus which is great their website says it opens on april 10th

RooDaisy Sun 26-Feb-17 11:24:03

Laura Beach Hotel, Cyprus

Artfooldodger Sun 26-Feb-17 11:26:55

Duinrell in Holland for an indoor water park & theme park.

BarbaraofSeville Sun 26-Feb-17 11:51:20

Don't know if it clashes with holidays, but there is a big indoor waterpark in Billund, Denmark, also home to the original Legoland. I've been to the waterpark in the May hols and it wasn't stupidly busy. Airport is a couple of miles away and you can fly there with Ryanair from Stansted.

No1HolidayPlanner Sun 26-Feb-17 13:18:22

Duinrell in Hollandsmile

Hairyhat Sun 26-Feb-17 19:13:19

Thank you everyone. You've been really helpful. Given me food for thought and I'm getting a bit excited already smile

Hairyhat Sun 26-Feb-17 20:00:25

Dunreil looks brilliant but my 6 year old won't meet the minimum length restrictions for most of the slides. A great option for the future though!

Suttonmum1 Wed 01-Mar-17 19:10:55

How about city break to Munich - fantastic Science museums there and a trip out to the end of the suburban train line to Erding, where you can visit Terme Erding, which is a massive water complex with lots of Rutschen (I think I have that right) - German for slides. If he's into football you can visit the Allianz Arena, home of Bayern Munich. There are websites that have the info of the German school holidays.

WandaBack Thu 02-Mar-17 15:43:55

Easter isn't really warm enough for outdoor water parks.
My DC have always loved them and we've been to a few. The one in Cyprus is nice but I wouldn't bother at Easter. Siam Park in Tenerife is fantastic though I don't think a six year old would get the benefit.

I'd go to Center Parcs at Easter, mine have enjoyed the indoor water park there from ages 2 to 20.

Headfullofdreams Tue 21-Mar-17 21:13:11

Austria is brillliant for waterpark pools. Ellmau has a great one, another in Wurgl,
Erding near Munich (Not Austria I know) is great!
Innsbruck has a lovely open air pool with diving boards and slides and a little cafe.

Headfullofdreams Tue 21-Mar-17 21:13:39

And Duinrell is great too!

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Tue 21-Mar-17 21:15:07

Altona Towers Splash Landings Hotel has a good water park for a short break smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now