Talk

Advanced search

Recommendation for family friendly resort Varadero Cuba

(8 Posts)
VikingChallenger Sat 25-Feb-17 16:43:26

Has anyone been and can recommend a nice family friendly resort in Varadero, Cuba?

The ones I have seen so far and would have been keen on are adult only.

We have 2 under two

beggin4mercy Wed 01-Mar-17 19:18:24

Not me.

But why Cuba and a long haul with babies, in a resort, when there are plenty of places closer to home with the same surroundings.

Sorry not helping you, but honestly, there is no way I would do a ten hour or more flight to Cuba with babies!

On the assumption you are going from UK of course!

Just why? Have you connections there, or do you want to look at the architecture, the old cars and etc. Cuba is still coming out of the fog, and things are just about ok there infrastructure wise. But maybe that's what you want to experience.

But in a resort??

h

Allthebestnamesareused Wed 01-Mar-17 19:23:22

Iberostar Varadero.

We went when DS was 4.

Lots of lovely activities for kids too (with or without parents in a kids club).

Lovely beach and shallow water.

Different restaurants. DS loved the Japanese (which was more like the American Japanese - Benihan type food)

Why not Cuba? Its beautiful. I would definitely go before it becomes too Americanised!

I have done all sorts of long haul flights with my kids from tiny as my parents live in the States. As long as you are prepared with colouring books, little cars etc they are fine.

VikingChallenger Fri 03-Mar-17 03:48:16

allthrbest that's the one we've been looking at plus a couple of other ones. How about the pool? It doesn't seem too big from the photos?

beggin - as allthebest puts it, why not? It is a beautiful country and is still pristine so we'd rather visit now, before it gets too mainstream.

WhatHaveIFound Fri 03-Mar-17 11:29:24

Cuba is a fantastic place but imo Varadero is truly awful and doesn't give you a true feel of the country. Cayo Levisa is much nicer.

GirlElephant Fri 03-Mar-17 11:54:56

We stayed at the Iberostar Laguna Azul, but before we had children. It was beautiful and I remember there being at least two children's pool of good size plus various activities and kid's clubs.

Sea front hotel plus a good sized resort.

Just remember food in Cuba is okay but not as good as places like Mexico though given relations with the USA are improved it may be better now smile

Sidge Fri 03-Mar-17 12:11:39

Does it have to be Varadero?

I stayed at the Playa Pesquero in Holguin which was great. Mind you it was a while ago but I'm sure it's still lovely.

Remember that the resorts are pretty self contained and exploring the area and locality isn't really possible unless you go to Havana. It's also a very long flight and transfer to most resorts adds at least another hour.

Yes Cuba has stunning beaches, lovely people and some amazing history and architecture. It's also like going back in time. The food is variable (limited imports) and there is a lot of poverty. It's not somewhere I would holiday with under 2s.

A1Sharon Sun 05-Mar-17 07:32:53

We went to Varadero for the Millenium, and "still pristine" is not the words I would have used to describe it. And that is 17 years ago!!
The beach is stunning, sand like flour, crystal clear water, the staff were so nice, the hotel was brilliant. We were at the end of the Varadero resort in the less built up part, but even that was still built up-not high rise but definitely not 'pristine'!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now