Talk

Advanced search

Maldives honeymoon

(12 Posts)
Daydreamer3 Thu 23-Feb-17 15:37:57

Hi,

Has anyone been to centara rad fushi? Thinking of booking for honeymoon but so much choice getting to be a headspin!!

Also anyone been to Maldives that isn't a beach bum? Dh wants to visit. It looks beautiful but my concern is being bored after few days - we would be there a week around late sept/early oct which I imagine very little to do should it rain smile X

TrickyD Thu 23-Feb-17 20:56:42

We are not beach bums but have enjoyed 11 holidays in the Maldives on a variety of islands and boats. It helps to enjoy snorkelling as the sights you can see are stunning. But rather than ask on here, why not ask your questions on the Trip Advisor Maldives Discussion forum? It is very friendly and everyone loves helping new people to choose an island which will be a good fit with what they are looking for. Certainly there is enough choice to make your head spin.
There are so many angles to consider, do you need a swimming pool or will the beautiful, warm Indian Ocean suffice? All inclusive? Drinks, even water are very expensive. Adults only? Centara does not get overwhelming praise on the forum, but many people love it and you will get honest opinions and expert help on the forum.

Daydreamer3 Wed 01-Mar-17 12:40:05

Thanks TrickyD, will look into it! X

Trumpdespiser Thu 02-Mar-17 16:58:48

Maldives are beautiful but you absolutely MUST love snorkelling imo to really enjoy them. Haven't been when it rains but you would be in that season, which might not be so much fun. Why not do a 2-centre Sri Lanka/Maldives holiday to get some action and beach?

JadeHawkinsTC Tue 07-Mar-17 09:24:41

I have been to Centara Ras fushi and had a great time. Its a lovely island food is excellent. If you want to snorkeling trips and different excursions you can do. If you've any questions let me know im a Travel agent too so can give opinion of other islands too. smile

Daydreamer3 Tue 07-Mar-17 09:37:36

That's super helpful, thanks jade! We've already picked it but we're toying with the idea of changing but there's so much choice it's hard to know.
My main concerns were if the house reef was decent for snorkelling, whether all of the restaurants were included in the all inclusive option and I'd heard about it being close to male itself and rubbish island? Which made me worry a bit. So if you have any thoughts on them that would be great smile

Hersetta427 Tue 07-Mar-17 09:57:58

I agree - a good house reef is essential. We have been to Lily Beach 5 times - our favourite place in the world.

Winterbelle Tue 07-Mar-17 10:04:29

Went in October years ago, there was some rain but it was humid so it was quick showers and it dried up fast. Definitely didn't spoil it.
Our bar bill was crazy though, we went full board but still managed to spend 700USD and this was a LONG time ago!!
We did lots of boat trips, night fishing and kayaking. Enough to do if you want to be active.

JadeHawkinsTC Tue 07-Mar-17 10:18:33

The diving and snorkeling is all done away from the island as it doesn't have a good house reef.

The restaurants are at a supplement you get $25 per person I think and we literally spent about $10 extra at each meal just to cover any additionals so it wasn't an issue.

You can't see the tip island only issue is if the wind blows the wrong way which happened twice in 14days some debris does float past... however the island staff are in the water immediately clearing it.

If you are looking for an island with a house reef I'd suggest Vilamendhoo or Chaya Reef Eliadhoo both should be similar prices to Centara ras fushi. I've had 2 clients go to vilamendhoo and love the house reef there. If you need any help with prices feel free to message me.

Daydreamer3 Tue 07-Mar-17 10:18:39

Thanks both. @Winterbelle that sounds good. A few showers I can deal with, straight days of rain would be awful though. So I hope it's the same! Was it pretty overcast or sunny in between?

Did you like the island as a whole?

JadeHawkinsTC Tue 07-Mar-17 10:20:34

Ps I went November 14 and we had one or two storms but other than that weather was great.

Winterbelle Tue 07-Mar-17 10:30:44

We were on a different island sorry. Same atoll but the other way from the airport. Yes, lots of sunshine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now