Talk

Advanced search

Accommodation in Paris with parking

(8 Posts)
TheChineseChicken Wed 22-Feb-17 08:24:19

I know this is a tall order but we're looking for somewhere to stay in Paris for two nights in June with a one year old. So ideally somewhere with two bedrooms or a bedroom and a living room so we're not all sleeping in the same room. We will be driving so will need parking onsite. Does anyone know of anywhere suitable that doesn't cost the earth? I've started to look at various websites but there's a lot to wade through. Thanks

Janek Wed 22-Feb-17 09:05:44

Have you looked at booking.com? You can apply filters, including number of bedrooms and car parking.

Agree with booking.com and apply filters. There are loads of apartments in Paris for a reasonable price. Although we weren't looking for parking when I looked I have been in a car in Paris once and that was a taxi from the airport and I will never ever do it again. Thought I was going to die in that taxi at one point and I am not exaggerating for effect.

TheChineseChicken Wed 22-Feb-17 11:28:04

I have tried that website... there's a lot on there so I think I just need to dedicate an hour to go through it properly.

Ha ha, I wouldn't ordinarily drive in Paris but we're en route to other places in France!

Yeah I think it is just a case of add the filters for what you want and trawl the reviews.
You're very brave I think I'd go miles out my way to avoid it. I'm a rather accomplished arsey pedestrian now but that taxi ride was enough to put me off for life.

BoboChic Wed 22-Feb-17 13:37:46

There are car parks all over Paris! Don't worry about parking.

Lovelybangers Wed 22-Feb-17 22:09:46

We rented an apartment a few years ago.

We were on the way back up to the UK from the south - Carcassonne area- amd thought it would be nice to stop off in Paris.

I searched on the usual sites - owners direct, chez nous. I just put the car parking requirements into the search

Ended up with a lovely 2 bed apartment with a garage. Outsode terrace with jacuzzi. Was a treat. Also was great t to be able to prep breakfast and other meals especially as we were travelling with three dc.

I have tried to find this apartment since but cannot. It's a shame as it was perfect. I paid €200 per night (I think was in 2009)

TheChineseChicken Fri 24-Feb-17 08:33:00

Well, we've decided to sack off Paris as it's too much hassle and expense!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now