Talk

Advanced search

Austria/ Slovenia/ Croatia advice in August ...

(4 Posts)
Chica06 Tue 21-Feb-17 10:06:55

Planning a trip with my husband and two kids (3 and 6) to these three countries in August. Starting with a week in a kinderhotel just outside of Salzburg, then hope to drive down to Lake Bled in Slovenia for 4-5 days then down to Croatia. Anyone with advice on where to go in Northern Croatia? We just want to pick one place to stay in for the last week. Does this seem like a feasible trip? Thanks!

Jecan Tue 21-Feb-17 10:17:05

Yes it's definitely feasible but the traffic is very busy in August on that route. There's a few tunnels which seem to get it backed up so you might want to think about what time you drive.
There's lots of places to stay on the Istrian peninsula & lots of beautiful cities to visit. We've only stayed in villas so I don't know of any hotels. We booked the villas thro owners direct

Chica06 Tue 21-Feb-17 19:04:02

Thanks Jecan. Were there any standout places on the Istrian peninsula? we have been in Austria in August and yes, I remember the traffic is bad. I suppose people are pretty keen to get to the coast at that time of year.

Jecan Wed 22-Feb-17 07:45:19

Umag, Novigrad, Porec & Rovinj are all lovely towns along the coast (Rovinj in particular). The beaches are stony so it's not as much fun for little ones as a sandy beach and they'd need swim shoes but the water is so warm & clear & there's lots of fishes to see.
These are the places we stayed in
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p1023788
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8028115
Both were great but especially the second one. Not directly at the sea but only a 10 min drive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now