Talk

Advanced search

Getting a new passport ASAP!

(8 Posts)
Mumaontheedge1 Mon 20-Feb-17 11:33:35

Soooo my sister and I are due to fly to Hong Kong on Thursday evening to suprise our other sister who moved there in Sept last year. It's a whistle stop trip and comes after my husband spectacularly screwed me over recently. So this is a kids-at-home girls on your weekend...

EXCEPT my sister can not find her passport!!

What's the odds of her getting a new passport between her passport office appointment tomorrow at 9am and Thursday evening when we are due to fly??

I don't want to go alone... All the tears!

Any ideas of where to look at home also appreciated- it was last used a few weeks ago for tax return purposes in the lounge...

Or anyone used the 1 week fast track passport service and it's arrived quicker than a week??

Thanks Mumsnetters!! I need positive vibes right now!!

Xxx

SoupDragon Mon 20-Feb-17 11:39:45

Is it filed with the other stuff used for the tax return.
Did it need to be scanned and thus is still on the scanner.

TBH, With a lost passport I think Thursday will be a no go.

user1483387154 Mon 20-Feb-17 11:47:53

You can get a 1 day service, but do you need a visa for HongKong? if so this may cause problems as may have a different passport number than your applicaiton

LillyLollyLandy Mon 20-Feb-17 12:13:30

If it's lost you can't use the one day service as far as I know.

PatriciaHolm Tue 21-Feb-17 10:51:59

You can't do the one day premium for a lost passport unfortunately. Your only hope at this point is a fingertip search!

MrsRhettButler Tue 21-Feb-17 10:56:57

They will only do it quicker if it's been stolen within the last 7 days and you travel within the next 7.
It can come quicker and they try to help as much as poss but it's no way guaranteed sad
Will she need a visa? And yes she'll have to change her passport number with whoever she's flying with.

MonkeyPoozzled76 Tue 21-Feb-17 10:57:59

Not sure about the passport turnaround so I hope you find!

Deffinately no visa required for Hong Kong, you just fill in a landing slip in the plane and keep it in your passport. It's only a little slip of paper and not stuck in so keep an eye on it, need to hand back on exit and if lost you'll need to obtain another from an office in town.

Fingers crossed.

MrsRhettButler Tue 21-Feb-17 11:00:22

How did the appointment go op? They should have given her some idea of turnaround

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now