Talk

Advanced search

Stuck trying to find a family holiday that works for..the family

(10 Posts)
goosy2408 Sat 18-Feb-17 11:04:59

Help. I can't find a holiday that works. DS is 8 really active, DD is 14 shy and could do with some activity to make friends. Husband isn't bothered. I am unfit, tired and don't like things too too hot - but would like to be able to talk to husband, maybe around a pool, without the kids around but also to meet some other folks - he's not too much for talking! Any ideas? budget isn't too much of a constraint.

MirabelleTree Sat 18-Feb-17 11:10:52

Our DC's age gap is fairly similar and we had similar issues. In desperation we ended up in European Centre Paris which I thought I would hate but worked surprisingly well. DD was a similar age to your DD and quite shy at the time but teamed up with a Dutch girl she met whilst doing Laser Tag (she only went to that as DS was doing it ).

DS did some of the activities such as zip wires etc and we all used the pool etc.

2014newme Thu 02-Mar-17 20:20:26

Neilsons are great for kids and teens

Dreadfulidea Thu 02-Mar-17 22:54:12

Cruise? Some are less expensive than others but everyone will find the level they like. Kids clubs for different age groups on board giving you two some time off but you can look round a new city e dry day as a family if you do a Med cruise.

WhoKn0wsWhereTheTimeG0es Thu 02-Mar-17 23:30:24

Yes, cruise. We ended up doing one as we have one person who hates flying, one person who like being in a pool all day, one person who loves sightseeing, one DC who is very sociable and one who struggles in that area, one sociable and one shy adult. We went with Royal Caribbean and it really did tick all the boxes.

rookiemere Fri 03-Mar-17 13:11:16

Our friends really enjoyed Neilson.
DCs went off and did activities. My pal did a bit of aquazumba, the occasional game of tennis but mostly lay around the pool and her DH ( who is rather antisocial) seemed to enjoy it mightily as well although I'm not sure what he was up to.

user1489431960 Mon 13-Mar-17 20:11:44

We just went to Lisbon which was extremely kid friendly. Check out my blog for more information:

mymummytaughtmethat.wordpress.com

Marie38y Tue 14-Mar-17 10:42:29

Neilsons was nice but I think it does attract the more healthy and fit.... exercise classes at 8am make me both pity the participants AND hate myself , so not ideal unless you get stuck in. Cruise sounds better for r and r:

mouldycheesefan Tue 14-Mar-17 13:54:35

I am not fitness and I loved neilsons. Relaxed by pool, played a bit of tennis (total beginner) but yes there are a lot of fit people there so if that is going to grate it's not the holiday for you.

motheroftwoboys Thu 16-Mar-17 15:07:35

Cruises - either P and O or RCI were brilliant for us when our sons were younger. Or Mark Warner Holidays. They always made so many friends they cried when they had to come home!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now