Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stopping over at heathrow - what hotel is easy to get to terminal 3?

(14 Posts)
OldGuard Fri 17-Feb-17 16:56:21

Late flight into heathrow and early flight out the next morning

Need hotel that is super easy to get up and get to terminal 3

Any ideas ? Hope for train connection or super easy shuttle

RusholmeRuffian Fri 17-Feb-17 17:58:18

There are loads of hotels at Heathrow served by the "Heathrow Hoppa" shuttle bus. Go on the holiday extras site and do a search for your date, you'll find plenty of options.

OldGuard Fri 17-Feb-17 18:48:01

Was trying to avoid the hoppa

lovelyupnorth Sat 18-Feb-17 07:35:19

No way of avoiding transport of some description

Daisy03 Sat 18-Feb-17 07:38:28

The Hilton Heathrow is in terminal 4 and attached by a walkway, it's a short train journey from there, very convenient

OldGuard Sat 18-Feb-17 07:38:34

Was hoping for train
Thought the Thistle had the "pod" to T5 and then heathrow express from T5 to T3 ... but didn't know if that was pain and should just get taxi

OldGuard Sat 18-Feb-17 07:38:58

Daisy what train ?

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 18-Feb-17 08:55:52

No hotels within walking distance of T3. The only train transport there is the Heathrow Express (expensive) or the London Underground.

Given how long you have there as well you'd be better off staying within that general area rather than at all go into London.

DesolateWaist Sat 18-Feb-17 08:59:57

You can't walk from outside the airport grounds. It's not allowed.

We stayed at the Park Inn. Very close and we then got the local bus which is free rather than the official Heathrow bus.

DesolateWaist Sat 18-Feb-17 09:02:23

There is an internal train between terminals I believe.

DesolateWaist Sat 18-Feb-17 09:04:11

www.heathrow.com/airport-guide/getting-around-heathrow/travel-between-terminals#

Getting between terminals.

mirmc Sat 18-Feb-17 22:53:53

The Sofitel is actually IN Terminal 5. You can get the Tube or Heathrow Express to Terminal 2. 5-10 mins. However it's 5 star and very expensive :-(

hamble123 Sun 19-Feb-17 15:24:54

I haven't stayed there, but there is a Yotel in the public area (landslide) at Terminal 4. Apparently the rooms are very small, but I guess it's fine for a few hours.....indeed you can even book a room at hourly rates....not in a dodgy way lol but it is intended for transit passengers smile

Www.yotel.com

Hope this helps! I

EssentialHummus Sun 19-Feb-17 15:30:42

There's a capsule hotel in Heathrow, was very good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now