Talk

Advanced search

Going abroad with DS (9mths) tips for what's to pack?

(7 Posts)
Jenniferb21 Thu 16-Feb-17 21:41:14

Hi all

Going to Jamaica shortly and feeling a bit worried about the amount of stuff we'll need to take but also what to take so trying to keep things compact and essential without having to search for things when we're there.

Any advice ?

Thank you x

pieceofpurplesky Thu 16-Feb-17 21:46:55

Think about what you can and can't get when you are out there.
How long are you going for? Where are you staying? Do they do laundry?
Is baby weaned etc

Janet80 Thu 16-Feb-17 21:52:33

Nappies, food and sun cream. Also usual things like clothes and toys.

Jenniferb21 Thu 16-Feb-17 22:17:13

going for 2 weeks and staying in a big hotel. Good q about laundry I'll definitely ask that thank you. Baby eats what we eat. See nappies will take up a lot of space especially with swim nappies too but worried we won't get decent ones out there.

curvyfrog Thu 16-Feb-17 23:13:24

I travelled with both mine as babies. Best thing I took was a pashmina. It was light yet warm, a blanket on the plane, evening wrap around in a buggy if they were chilly, became a sun shield over a chair/ parasol, a rug, a pillow, it was invaluable.

mummymeister Fri 17-Feb-17 10:32:18

e mail the hotel directly and ask what the situation is about nappies. you might want to consider taking washable ones with you rather than disposables. agree about the pashmina.

InTheDessert Fri 17-Feb-17 10:38:46

In the absence of a poo in it, swim nappies can be left to dry and reused a couple of times. Or invest in a reusable swim nappy.
Clothes, suncream, sun hat, nappies (but remember there are babies there, and nappies will be available).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now