Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

have free flight voucher to use (expires soon) - was thinking of brussels - any opinions (nb toddler in tow)?

(9 Posts)
BarryTook Wed 28-Feb-07 19:47:48

have to use a free companion voucher for BA before end of march

have friends in brussels so was thinking of visiting for a weekend

any tips? ds is 21mo

BarryTook Wed 28-Feb-07 19:48:27

btw was thinking of sas radisson as good deals at w/end (?85 per room B&B)

greenday Wed 28-Feb-07 19:53:38

Didn't enjoy Brussels. Thought it was like any big city. What about Bruges? Although the streets are cobbled (so not the most comfortable for ds, although he may sleep loads due to constant movement), it's lovely, quaint and full of character. It's small enough so you can walk all around the city but not too small that you will be bored. Plus the food and beer is fabulous ... and chocolate shops everywhere!! Oooh, I want to go back there again!!!!!

rachfran Wed 28-Feb-07 19:57:04

I agree with greenday, Bruges is far nicer than brussels. Think it was capital of culture few years

rachfran Wed 28-Feb-07 19:57:35

few years ago

cjmummy Wed 28-Feb-07 19:58:31

I agree with greenday ... Brussels isnt that great but Bruges is really pretty and there is a lovely boat ride you can go on if it is a nice day! Not sure whether there is much to do there though - I only went there on a day trip when my parents were living in Brussels.

BarryTook Wed 28-Feb-07 19:58:54

we have friends in brussels though

if really an uninspiring visit would prob rethink break entirely - not really a city break kind of person

cece Wed 28-Feb-07 20:00:36

I enjoyed Brussels when I went we did a day trip to Bruge on the train.

swedishmum Wed 28-Feb-07 21:53:09

I liked Brussels too. Good shopping, child friendly restaurants, nice antique shops, old town square and waffles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now