Romantic long weekend away

(13 Posts)
Chamonix1 Mon 13-Feb-17 07:47:44

In Europe, in March/April
Where would you go?

Viviene Mon 13-Feb-17 13:15:39

Paris of course!

WritingHome Mon 13-Feb-17 14:43:25

Rome / Venice / Prague / Budapest / Florence / Barcelona / Amsterdam - all places we have been on romantic breaks and also returned to with dd. Have also been to Paris several times but I don't find it as romantic as Italy personally..

WritingHome Mon 13-Feb-17 14:44:09

For what it's worth we are going to Krakow this April, but with dd, romantic - sort of!

3nationsfamily Mon 13-Feb-17 21:41:29

Bruges is lovely

Headunderthecovers Mon 13-Feb-17 21:43:11

Seville will be lovely at that time of year.

midsomermurderess Sun 19-Feb-17 10:16:16

Lisbon is a lovel, lively little city. Plenty to see and do and easy day trips e.g. to Sintra.

mummymeister Sun 19-Feb-17 10:40:37

I wouldn't go abroad at all! Burgh island is really a lovely place to spend a romantic weekend. if you get the weekend right they have murder/mystery on and its brilliant fun.

if you really do want to go abroad then I would pick Barcelona.

alternatively have always fancied one of those hot spring trips to Iceland.

Porto. We went last March and it was absolutely fantastic

wobblywonderwoman Sun 19-Feb-17 10:57:26

Krakow or Gdansk .. Love Poland !

Also Budapest is really romantic

Costacoffeeplease Sun 19-Feb-17 11:14:28

Venice, Lisbon, Nice

midsomermurderess Sun 19-Feb-17 11:58:33

I would say don't go to Barcelona, the place is packed to the rafters, the scale of tourism is causing real problems to the people living there. There are lot of other great Spanish cities to visit.

Dreadfulidea Sun 19-Feb-17 16:29:57

I'd agree about Barcelona. Super busy and the restaurants are packed out, loud and noisy even in the winter.
Rome is fantastically romantic for winter. Not to cold for strolling round, everywhere is beautiful and interesting and you get cheap flights, good food and wine.
Most places are romantic in the summer I find. Something to do with heat...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now