Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to binibeca, menorca?

(10 Posts)
usernoidea Sun 12-Feb-17 15:00:59

As the title says really.....just 2 adults and a 6 month baby.
Renting a villa with pool there but is resort ghostly quiet and places to eat pretty basic?! X

DavetheCat2001 Sun 12-Feb-17 15:03:29

Yes, for the past 5 years!

OH's parents friends own a villa there so we get a freebie which is nice!

I think it's great. Very child friendly, decent beach, little train that goes round the island, nice cafe's etc

Depends when you are going re how busy it will be. It's not crazy busy, but I wouldn't want to go somewhere that was. We went in July last year and are going out again around the same time this year.

Take lots of sun protection for baby..it gets VERY hot!

usernoidea Sun 12-Feb-17 15:09:22

Thanks so much for your quick reply.....we are aiming for may.....x

DavetheCat2001 Sun 12-Feb-17 15:19:41

We've been in May before too. It's not so roasting hot but still very pleasant.

I like the Island, it has a very child-friendly vibe to it. It isn't somewhere you'd go for a banging mates holiday, but then that's not what you are looking for with a 6 month old grin

usernoidea Sun 12-Feb-17 17:17:52

Fab . Thanks Dave
Hope you have a nice time too when you go back x

DavetheCat2001 Sun 12-Feb-17 17:44:37

Thanks, you too. I'm are your little one will have a fabulous holiday smile

usernoidea Thu 23-Feb-17 13:52:30

Hi Davethecat
Sorry to bother you again but would you know if baby can sit on our laps in a taxi in Minorca or do they have to be in a seat?
Getting lots of different opinions online and from bloody holiday company!
Could really do without having to take one with us as we don't want to hire a car x

DavetheCat2001 Thu 23-Feb-17 16:21:13

I'm not sure to be honest as we always hire a car when over there.

I can try and find out for you though from OH's parents whose best friends own the villa. They are bound to know as seem to know everything else about being out there!

soontobeanana Thu 23-Feb-17 16:26:46

Hi
We are going to binibeca in May with a not quite two year old. We are hiring a villa with pool but I'm worried about pool safety.
Dave - Do your friends know anywhere that hire out safety fencing. We asked the letting agent but they said there wasn't anywhere but I cant quite believe that.
TIA

usernoidea Thu 23-Feb-17 16:53:59

No need to Dave. I've just had confirmed that the legally it's not required in a taxi there (just like here). Thanks for the offer though that was v kind of you
Sorry your becoming our travel rep! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now