Talk

Advanced search

Hotel half Way To Cornwall?

(5 Posts)
HughJarss Thu 09-Feb-17 18:25:01

We're going to Cornwall in April with our 3 DCs and are planning on breaking up the journey (from Essex) by staying overnight roughly half way. Can anyone please recommend anywhere with a decent sized family room? Thanks in advance!

mummymeister Thu 09-Feb-17 18:39:01

where abouts in cornwall are you staying. I would have a look at Bristol there is a good museum/hands on place called @Bristol there as well as the ss great Britain to look around.

HughJarss Thu 09-Feb-17 20:40:20

Thanks for the reply. We are staying in mawgan porth. I don't know the area or route at all so will look up @Bristol now.

scaryteacher Sat 11-Feb-17 11:48:18

Which route are you planning? The M25, M3, A303 and then the M5, A38/A30 is far more scenic than M25,M4, M5, A38/A30. If you wanted to stop and see Stonehenge, there's a Holiday Inn at the Solstice Park, with various eateries there as well. I normally do the whole trip from Dover to Devon/Cornwall borders in one hit.

You could stay in Plymouth before heading into Cornwall, have a poke around the Hoe and the Barbican before driving over the Tamar Bridge and heading into Cornwall.

mouldycheesefan Sat 11-Feb-17 17:58:55

Mawgan Porth is nice. Agree Bristol good place to break the journey. It's still 3-5 hours from there though depending on traffic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now