Talk

Advanced search

Hotel half Way To Cornwall?

(5 Posts)
HughJarss Thu 09-Feb-17 18:25:01

We're going to Cornwall in April with our 3 DCs and are planning on breaking up the journey (from Essex) by staying overnight roughly half way. Can anyone please recommend anywhere with a decent sized family room? Thanks in advance!

OP’s posts: |
mummymeister Thu 09-Feb-17 18:39:01

where abouts in cornwall are you staying. I would have a look at Bristol there is a good museum/hands on place called @Bristol there as well as the ss great Britain to look around.

HughJarss Thu 09-Feb-17 20:40:20

Thanks for the reply. We are staying in mawgan porth. I don't know the area or route at all so will look up @Bristol now.

OP’s posts: |
scaryteacher Sat 11-Feb-17 11:48:18

Which route are you planning? The M25, M3, A303 and then the M5, A38/A30 is far more scenic than M25,M4, M5, A38/A30. If you wanted to stop and see Stonehenge, there's a Holiday Inn at the Solstice Park, with various eateries there as well. I normally do the whole trip from Dover to Devon/Cornwall borders in one hit.

You could stay in Plymouth before heading into Cornwall, have a poke around the Hoe and the Barbican before driving over the Tamar Bridge and heading into Cornwall.

mouldycheesefan Sat 11-Feb-17 17:58:55

Mawgan Porth is nice. Agree Bristol good place to break the journey. It's still 3-5 hours from there though depending on traffic.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in