Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Planning a holiday in April near Paris then over to Nrittany

(7 Posts)
carries Tue 07-Feb-17 20:59:52

This is our first family holiday abroad. Me, Dh, DDs 12,10 & 4. We live in Scotland. Plan to drive to channel tunnel and then spend 3-4 days near Paris so we can do Paris and Eurodisneh then go over to Brittany for a week. We have a budget of £1200ish.

Can anyone recommend accommodation near DLP or Paris & then in Brittany? I'm a bit of a novice!

BobbyNoggle Tue 07-Feb-17 21:12:38

I can vouch for the Magic Circus hotel DLP. It has a free shuttle to the park & a good sized swimming pool. We stayed half board Sept time and really enjoyed it. The hotel food was surprisingly good! MC hotel is just v. slightly further out from the main Disney hotels; but only just!
Re Brittany have been a few times in July/August. Stayed at both Benodet & near to Lorient. The accommodation was through Siblu/Eurocamp -mobile home type thing. Both places had really good outdoor swimming pools & slides. The beaches are glorious -white & sandy.

jenpetronus Wed 08-Feb-17 16:59:57

I can't help you with Disneyland, but we've lived in Brittany for 13 years and have a gite here. We are booked up for 2 April weeks already, but I'm happy to help out with local info (I've loads of sheets I send out to guests) if this is a bit you like the look of? We're on the South Coast, near to Vannes.

carries Thu 09-Feb-17 09:46:27

Thanks jen and Bobby, good info. Jen it looks lovely - what is the usual weather in April in that area?

jenpetronus Thu 09-Feb-17 10:12:11

grin I can't say! If I say it's lovely and hot every year I'm guaranteed to jinx it! In the years we've been here April is generally warm, some rain, but I would say low twenties temperature wise. Maybe t-shirt weather but not swimming in the sea!

carries Fri 10-Feb-17 00:32:20

I'm from the west of Scotland, low 20s is positively balmy!!! 😀

jenpetronus Fri 10-Feb-17 10:35:49

I'm from Yorkshire & it took me a few years I've never got used to it of 35 degree heat in the summer! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now