Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris Security

(11 Posts)
racheyc Tue 07-Feb-17 11:36:04

Has anyone been very recently and what was security like? thanks

Kirriemuir Tue 07-Feb-17 16:47:09

We went after the last big terror attack in Paris when they closed the parks for a few days.

Security was tight. You need to go through checks before you get to the gates. Armed police are in the train station and they were at entrances to hotels.

I was also told there are plain clothes armed offices in the parks during the day. Didn't see any. Felt very safe when we were there. No issues at all

CotswoldStrife Tue 07-Feb-17 16:49:33

There last summer, bags are x-rayed as you enter the park and there are additional security measures at most of the hotels.

racheyc Tue 07-Feb-17 17:23:07

Ok great thanks

Oludeniz Thu 16-Feb-17 09:28:28

We went in November, security was very tight. Was a bit full on at times tbh, as long as you keep in mind it's to keep everyone safe, it's fine.
There are security guards at the hotel entrances and they regularly search bags. Also, lots of security going into the parks, there were guards on horses directing people and quite a few guards with dogs. One of the dogs started going mental at a woman and she started crying. All bags go through x ray or are physically searched.

racheyc Thu 16-Feb-17 09:54:57

Oh wow sounds quite intense. Just wanted to know that there is security really and sounds like there is plenty! I don't mind my bag being searched anyway, will make me feel better knowing they are doing that, thanks x

zgaze Thu 16-Feb-17 10:08:50

I was really surprised when we went about 18 months ago that while security seemed really strong everywhere and all bags were scanned etc, if you had a buggy with you you just pushed it through and it was never checked. Seemed a really obvious and dangerous flaw in their system and it put me off going back (I am utterly paranoid about things like that having been caught up in the London bombings, even more so now I have children). I hope that's changed.

mamabluestar Sun 19-Feb-17 22:49:00

We went last summer. You need to go through security before you can take your luggage into the hotels and again at the hotel doors. Bags are xrayed when you walk into the parks. There is an armed guard outside the Disneyland gates around the train station area. I felt safe taking my children

Hawkmoth Sun 19-Feb-17 22:50:56

Bags scanned when we went but happily they didn't mind about the drinks we'd brought and the sandwiches we made from the breakfast buffet.

jollyjester Sun 19-Feb-17 22:55:55

I was there last weekend. Cars checked on arrival at hotel car park.

All luggage x rayed at hotel entrance.

X ray scanners and the metal detectors when entering the village area from the hotels at lake side.

Same x rays and metal scanners if entering from the train station.

Security staff were good. Lines moved quickly but the were thorough (I had plastic skewers a bit like pop up pirate swords in my bag from dinner and they checked my bag)

Also there are plain clothes security around the parks that you don't notice unless you know what you are looking for.

Have fun!

Smallinthesmoke Tue 21-Feb-17 22:56:19

Went at half term. Security consisted of an x ray bag check on the way in and walking through an arch. I was also patted down airport security style.
Didn't see dogs or horses! Plenty of police and army generally standing around with big guns in Paris, eg on the metro.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now