Talk

Advanced search

Neilson evening meals/childcare how does it work?!

(16 Posts)
Thegirlisnotright Sun 05-Feb-17 09:13:38

I have 2 under 5s and 1 over, so high tea is included for the younger ones. Does that mean we can't eat together? The older one can't wait til 8 for his tea. I can't bring the youngest out for evening meal with us because she'll be shattered. Please enlighten me oh well travelled ones! 💐

theredjellybean Sun 05-Feb-17 15:24:43

i dont understand : you have 2 children under 5 ? or two under 5 and a 1 yr old ?
they all would go to childrens tea ...

tobecontinued2000 Sun 05-Feb-17 15:40:46

I took it as 2 children under 5 and 1 child over 5

Helspopje Sun 05-Feb-17 15:43:11

They go to high tea with kids club but nothing excludes them from coming to main dinner too if they can stay up that late
2 nights are late start and sleep club and one day is no kids club.

Thegirlisnotright Sun 05-Feb-17 16:57:07

They are 1, 4 and 7, so the oldest one is not allowed to go to high tea according to the blurb? it would be much easier if he could because that's included every day.

theredjellybean Mon 06-Feb-17 15:26:47

we did yrs and yrs of neilson, and am sure there is a high tea included in the very little ones club but also an early tea for children a bit older who are then going to the evening kids entertainment/club and the neilson staff are always so very very helpful and lovely loads of kids went to the high tea thing...my dd2 used to go at 5 ish or whenever it was one, shovel down spagetti/chips etc and then come with us to dinner and eat again ( right up until she was about 13 !) loads did, no one bats an eyelid. why don't you ring neilson and chat about it with them . they have always been so helpful to me

DustingOffTheDynastySuit Mon 06-Feb-17 15:33:35

Presumably you're looking at a summer beach club?

It;s all inclusive so tbh it's not worth stressing over. We usually pulled ours out of club before tea and went for a swim then took them for a milkshake and crisps or ice cream to keep them going, then had dinner all together, but a few nights they had kids tea (not sure how much they ate!), then nibbles and pudding when we had our dinner.

Might've raided the fruit basket at breakfast to accumulate a few heathier snacks to keep everyone going too...

mouldycheesefan Tue 07-Feb-17 10:16:42

Relax they are very accommodating. They won't mind if the older one has a bit of high tea. Similiarly the younger ones can have something with the adults later. Often they have evening activities for the older one like pizza night etc. The meals are buffet style. They also take th kids for ice cream. So you may well find that by the time you have all had a large breakfast and lunch and older one has had an ice cream or snack he either just wants a nibble with the little ones or is happy to eat with you later or eat with the club.
It will be fine. They are awesome with kids. He won't go hungry!

mouldycheesefan Tue 07-Feb-17 10:18:02

Just to add I don't think it's all inclusive. Or wasn't when we went. Breakfast, lunch and several evening meals were included on beach club basis.

DustingOffTheDynastySuit Tue 07-Feb-17 10:52:48

Sorry I meant the kids' teas are all inclusive. You don't pay extra for them I dont; think?

2014newme Tue 07-Feb-17 10:54:39

Kids teas are included yes.

Thegirlisnotright Tue 07-Feb-17 13:52:02

Thank you. Yes the younger ones get a tea included every day, but the older one doesn't so just wondering if he would feel left out or get hungry waiting until the evening that was all. Sounds like he will be just fine. I'll have to relax about the younger ones bedtimes and take them along to the evening meal. Give them constant ice cream and they'll all be happy grin

mouldycheesefan Tue 07-Feb-17 14:15:47

The older one won't need to wait they will not mind him having a plate of food! Or he will already have had ice cream and snacks etc with the club.
The nannies give the kids the high tea so take the opportunity to read a book, have a cocktail, have a shower and relax. You pick them up from the after. Obviously you can take your kids to it if you want to experience lots of little kids in a noisy dining area 😂😂

mouldycheesefan Tue 07-Feb-17 14:16:21

Which neilsons are you going to

Thegirlisnotright Wed 08-Feb-17 16:38:40

Croatia, so it's all a bit unknown!

theredjellybean Wed 08-Feb-17 21:35:41

we are off to croatia too this year...tbh with any child over 5 the issue has alwasy been more they want to eat with their clubs.friends and we never saw them...i honestly cannot reccomend them high enough, and it doesnt matter which country you go to the neilson formula is the same and has alwasy bee outstanding.
my first was when dd2 was aged 5 and she is now 18..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: