Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about your last minute family holidays

(7 Posts)
panicovernow Thu 02-Feb-17 22:52:35

I'd like to know about your experiences of last minute holidays with kids. I've not booked a holiday this way since before kids. Are there still deals to be had? We've got time off booked in the school holidays at the end of July. Family of four 2 kids aged 11 and 9. We haven't got a big budget as we have other commitments financially this year. Hoping to hear that it's possible to get a bargain this waysmile

mummymeister Fri 03-Feb-17 08:27:52

The short answer to this is no there are not deals to be had in school summer holidays last minute unless you are willing to go to places no one else wants to go to (because of safety concerns) or you are willing to take the holiday that no one else wants - and you have to ask yourself why no one else wants it!

deals in school summer holidays are when the holidays first come out because the travel companies want commitment so they are willing to offer anything they can to get you to book as early as you can.

What is your budget for the 4 of you? are you happy to camp?

panicovernow Fri 03-Feb-17 09:03:18

This is what I thought might be the case. I was just hoping that it might be a possibility. We've booked early previously for family holidays, but this year we need to work on the house so have decided that if there's any money available (£2000 ish) come the summer we will book then. We wouldn't book to go to unsafe destinations just to get a bargain. The camping idea would be loved by DH and kids not so much by meblush

mummymeister Fri 03-Feb-17 10:06:06

i think its really easy to find bargains outside of school hols - no problem. but in school hols because of supply and demand they just aren't there really. you will still find cheap holidays but that is what it will be - a cheap holidays. you wont find a fab, expensive, ai type one that was expensive and the price has been reduced.

I guess if you have to do a last minute thing then its about managing everyones expectations. if you are prepared to go basic and stay somewhere not 4 or 5 stay then yes, you will definitely 100% find something.

have a look around now at what you can get for £2K that will help you to manage expectations later on.

user1484918655 Fri 03-Feb-17 10:44:06

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

mummymeister Fri 03-Feb-17 13:05:13

user1484918655 you cant use these pages to advertise your business on. sorry, have reported you. need to put it elsewhere on the site I am sure MNHQ can help with that.

Makemineacabsauv Sun 26-Feb-17 11:15:55

Why not have a look at flights out of your local airport and see what the options are there, then check accommodation on travel republic, booking.com etc - you can get cheap transfers with hoppa but wait till they do a 25%off deal which they do quite regularly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now