Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris best restaurants?!

(51 Posts)
racheyc Thu 02-Feb-17 17:25:16

I keep posting but it's because I don't know what I am doing! So we have a full board plus meal plan. We are there for 3 dinners and 3 lunches. Breakfast is sorted at the hotel (I presume?!) so one day we are doing auberge de cendrillon for lunch. That's all that is planned at the moment Also going to book lunch or dinner with Mickey etc at Café Mickey - any suggestion whether lunch or dinner would be better? The only other two places I want to eat at are Café Agrabah and Chez de Remy. Has anyone eaten at these and are they any good? Any other recommendations? thanks so much

Fantasticmissfoxy Thu 02-Feb-17 17:36:54

The Blue Lagoon inside the Pirates of the Caribbean is good (or was when we went)

racheyc Thu 02-Feb-17 17:40:25

That looks great, thank you! I am a bit confused as to how the meal vouchers work. Do you get, say £50 per day for an adult. Say you use £15 at lunch, how do they know you have £35 left for dinner? Is that how it works or am I being silly?!

MummysMaison Thu 02-Feb-17 17:46:05

We are going at the end of Feb (half board premium) and we are eating at-

Day 1 Inventions
Day 2 Buffalo Bills Wild West Show
Day 3 The Yatch Club in Newport Bay
Day 4 Auberge De Cendron

I looked at Remy but the reviews I'd heard were not great. We did a lot of research. Walts was another that had good reviews but we couldn't fit it in!

As far as I'm aware you get a ticket to present at the restaurant and you can then have a set menu meal that corresponds with your ticket. I presume you would get one for lunch and one for dinner.

There is a website, I think it's www.dlp.com or maybe .co.uk but it has all the menus and top up you need to pay if you go to a restaurant higher than your dining plan.

As you can tell I am very excited smile

racheyc Thu 02-Feb-17 17:58:14

I just find it all so confusing! But I get you, one voucher for lunch, one for dinner. So on the day where I have booked the Princess lunch then my voucher will go to waste? That is a little annoying! Maybe two lunches the next day ha!

ChocoChou Thu 02-Feb-17 18:03:55

I can't remember what is was called but the one based on Ratatouille was amazing!!!!
The tables and chairs were oversized salt and pepper shakers etc, attention to detail was so much higher than I was expecting at Disney to be honest (and comparing to their other restaurants)
Also the food was great!
Ooh I have Disney-envy. Enjoy!

EduCated Thu 02-Feb-17 18:14:22

You get a voucher per person per meal. In the small print it does say you can use the voucher for the face value in restaurants other than those named.

Our vouchers last year were worth €28 ish I think (we had to ask because it's not printed on the voucher). So you could use it for a meal worth €15 and lose the difference, or you could put it towards a more expensive meal and pay the difference.

We were only half board, and I think there were different levels of meal plans, so your vouchers may have a different value.

We liked the Plaza restaurant on Main Street, it had a decent salad bar!

FantasticOwls Thu 02-Feb-17 18:19:07

We enjoyed Planet Hollywood when we went, really nice food and service! Plaza Gardens was also really nice although a bit expensive but you're using vouchers so that doesn't matter! It's a buffet style restaurant, not a lot of choice, especially for kids but the food itself was really good.

As for the vouchers, I think you get one for lunch and one for dinner each day but it can only be used on that day. Dlpguide will have more information about where will accept your vouchers and what you can choose from. Have a good holiday!

www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/meal-plans/

DaisyDaisydoo Thu 02-Feb-17 18:22:18

Didn't have meal vouchers so not sure on those but one of our fave bits was cafe chez remy, the service was fab. Also second the plaza gardens (think it was called) for lunch on Main Street, massive buffet selection and really easy to have lunch and then dash out as a mini parade was starting! Might not apply as you have vouchers but we also loved grabbing hotdogs and getting an early spot for the main parade, the kids loved eating them sat on the kerb! Cafe mickey was great but I heard they have stopped doing character dining which is such a shame if it's true. So jealous, have an amazing time!

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Thu 02-Feb-17 18:22:56

Go to Annette's in Disney Village. We loved it.

icclemunchy Thu 02-Feb-17 18:24:06

There's a Fb group Disney land Paris for brits and it's an absolute mine of info

racheyc Thu 02-Feb-17 18:25:19

Thanks very much, I think it will all become clearer when we get there, although I will book a few places in advance too. We are going very soon and just in time to have lunch with the characters at Café Mickey, after that apparently it is moving to Inventions

DaisyDaisydoo Thu 02-Feb-17 18:28:35

Oh good that's lucky, it was great seeing characters there. I would def recommend booking as much as possible especially cafe mickey as we sailed past an enormous que!

Tobelostwithjinjackandsawyer Thu 02-Feb-17 18:36:50

Be prepared that cafe Mickey is expensive and the food is just ok. But then you're not paying for the food. You're paying to see all the characters and get their signatures.
Rainforest café was fab. Good price and great food!
Be prepared to queue if you haven't booked.
Also get down to the castle as early as you can for the fireworks, it's so jammed pack your kids won't see anything if you don't have a good spot (unless they sit on your shoulders and you don't mind being shouted at)
Another thing to keep in mind if you have girls and they want to see a princess in the pavilion. Queue for a ticket as early as you can, machine opens at 10.30 and there's limited tickets every day.
Have fun!

bakingaddict Thu 02-Feb-17 18:39:36

Cafe Agrabah is tasty, lots of Moroccan foods. Inventions is my favourite with the character dining. You will have to pay extra for Auberge de Cendrillon and Inventions as these are only covered by the premium meal plans

EduCated Thu 02-Feb-17 18:41:59

We found the staff really helpful in explaining how things worked, both at the hotel and at the City Hall customer service place in the park.

Also, we hadn't booked before we went, and didn't manage to get reservations most days because we'd left it too late, but we were still able to walk up to the buffet restaurants and get in (generally waited about 10 mins), so don't panic if you don't get a reservation!

AlbusPercival Thu 02-Feb-17 18:46:41

Walts was delicious abd has all sorts of cool memorabilia in it. Ask the staff to explain. In the entrance is a little clockwork bird tear inspired Walt Disney to develop animatronics for the parks

itchychin Thu 02-Feb-17 18:54:32

We went in summer. The vouchers were for a special menu with a few choices then you could pay the difference for a more expensive menu (we didn't!). We did cafe mickey for dinner which was ok food but just for the characters really, cafe Remy was our favourite and we did this twice (really fun theming and nice choices). We also did the blue lagoon in the pirates of the Caribbean ride which was another fun setting and nice food. One day we did a buffet in one of the hotels which was a nice change.

itchychin Thu 02-Feb-17 18:55:44

Overuse of 'nice' there 😳

vikthevegan Thu 02-Feb-17 18:58:13

I'd strongly advise to book all restaurants before you go (think bookings open 6 weeks prior to your trip date). It's a French line and hard to get through to (I gave up) and we didn't book anything. We couldn't get into once restaurant for lunch in Disney for two days. All booked up. And we had half board. It wasn't nice running around magic kingdom trying to find somewhere to eat. Have a great trip!

MummysMaison Thu 02-Feb-17 19:05:08

I agree with booking in advance for all meals. A friend of mine booked 4 weeks before travel and some of her first choices were already full. On the other hand I know someone else who didn't book and when she arrived she couldn't get in anywhere that she could use her vouchers and ended up in McDonald's every night.

2ducks2ducklings Thu 02-Feb-17 19:10:12

Bistro Remy!
It's theming is beyond amazing! It was, without a doubt our favourite restaurant.
If you go to WALTS, try and book a window table at the same time as the parade, it goes right by as you eat.

racheyc Thu 02-Feb-17 19:13:30

This might be a stupid question but what time is the parade on? I think I will book everything, just to be on the safe side. We aren't expecting it to be absolutely rammed but you never know. Oh and how do I find out what time the fireworks on? I know, I am a nightmare. I just want to utilise our time well!

2ducks2ducklings Thu 02-Feb-17 19:14:56

And definitely book before you go!
I don't think the Rainforest Cafe is included in the meal deal.
Inventions is good for character interaction, it's quite pricey for what is essentially a buffet, but the kids (and adults) will love the characters and there's enough choice to please the pickiest of eaters.
A lot of the counter service restaurants do good deals too. But they may not offer the best value for money if you have vouchers.
Do they still do the 'Pause Gourmand'? That's great to eat while watching the parade.

popmimiboo Thu 02-Feb-17 19:26:15

Rainforest Café and Ludwig's Castle are fun. Annette's Diner is cool and very reasonable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now