Talk

Advanced search

Ile de Re

(6 Posts)
Happydappy1 Tue 31-Jan-17 16:35:31

Thinking of going here this summer (June) has anyone been?

We will be with DCs aged 5 & 2 and wondering if there's anywhere super child friendly we can stay?

Thanks

BeachysSnowyWellieBoots Tue 31-Jan-17 19:35:15

Been for the last about 10 years and love it.... we started going when our youngest was about 2.... we always stay at Camping Interlude, on the south side of the island near Bois. It's a big French run campsite, with all sorts of cabins and mobile homes to rent. It's on a sandy beach and has a decent shop, restaurant, cafe for takeaway pizza, bike hire place.... everything.

Can't recommend enough!

Timefor2 Tue 31-Jan-17 19:36:39

I went years ago, it's lovely. June was warm on the days when the sun came out but jumper weather on other days so pack various options. We had a wonderfully chilled holiday.

Timefor2 Tue 31-Jan-17 19:41:22

I think we might have stayed at the same site as Beachy - was definitely south of the island, right on the beach and very well equipped. Thinking about it makes me want to go back! Amazing seafood

WelshMoth Tue 31-Jan-17 20:00:26

Seafood heaven.
Bike heaven!

Are you camping?

homebythesea Wed 01-Feb-17 12:27:01

I can thoroughly recommend getting there by train - Eurostar to Paris then taxi ride past all the sights to the other Paris train station and 3 hours or so to La Rochelle. A short taxi or hire car over the bridge and you are there. We stayed in a villa, there's not much to do apart from cycling, beach etc and eating out is spendy (its where all the chic Parisians spend their summer and the restaurants and shops reflect this)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now