Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lunch with Disney Princesses Paris

(20 Posts)
racheyc Tue 31-Jan-17 09:47:58

Hello, has anyone done this and is it worth it? The food looks ok but obviously the main reason we would be doing it is for photos and our daughter to meet the princesses. It is £164 for the four of us. I am just wondering if it might be better to spend that money on something else and just go to the Princess Pavilion instead where I understand you can take photos and meet some princesses. Any advice would be much appreciated! x

Twistmeandturnme Tue 31-Jan-17 09:50:51

L'Auberge de Cendrillon? Do it. Dress up the children, make sure you all look your best for the photos.
You'll meet all the princesses, mice, princes. They come to the tables so there's no queueing.
Princess Pavillion is a very different experience.

Twistmeandturnme Tue 31-Jan-17 09:51:26

My 12yo did it when she was 4 and still remembers it clearly.

Myfanwyprice Tue 31-Jan-17 10:00:24

I really regret not booking it when we went a couple of years ago, I did try when we were there, but it was fully booked.

The princess pavilion is lovely, but it's a lots of queuing - not sure if it's still the same, but I went in during magic hours to queue for a ticket (2 hours from 8.15) then we got our ticket to go back at 11am and queued again to meet one princess - she was lovely, but I really wish we'd booked the lunch!

MazDazzle Tue 31-Jan-17 10:01:53

We went with the premier dining package so were able to trade our meal tickets for lunch with the Princesses! We did use our tickets for Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show though (food included).

There are 3 princesses. One visits you during your starter, another during your main and also your dessert. You can get pictures and autographs without leaving your seat! They also dance with their princes and there are some other characters milling about. The restaurant is beautiful too!

WicketWoo Tue 31-Jan-17 10:08:12

We did l'auberge de cendrillion when we went with out 3 and almost one year old. It was very special and definitely worth it. Plus the food was really good so nice for the grown ups too.

MazDazzle Tue 31-Jan-17 10:08:42

By the way, the Princess Pavillion is a huge, long, dreary queue! Because we had lunch with the princesses and character dining at our hotel, we didn't waste time queuing to meet any characters in the park.

TheHobbitMum Tue 31-Jan-17 10:12:45

We did Auberge (family of 6) and it was absolutely well worth every single penny! One of the best meals we had there, go for it! Make sure you dress up :D

Aworldofmyown Tue 31-Jan-17 10:12:54

Do it if you can. We went for my daughters 3rd birthday and paid extra for a cake (25 euros shock) but it was absolutely worth it and they made such a fuss of her, she was beside herself. Lovely memories.

Dress them up in all their finery, they will love it.

TheHobbitMum Tue 31-Jan-17 10:13:27

As to sit near the fireplace you'll be on the edge of the dance floor where the princesses dance ;)

racheyc Tue 31-Jan-17 10:23:23

ok great thanks everyone! I will book it. Also when you say dress up, do the adults dress up as well as the little ones? If I went in full on Belle costume (not saying I want to of course) would that be frowned upon?!!

racheyc Tue 31-Jan-17 10:27:58

Actually I think I can answer that myself, that would be really creepy and make it look like I am trying to out do the princesses. Won't be doing that!!!

CotswoldStrife Tue 31-Jan-17 10:30:09

Only visitors aged 12 and under can dress in costumes at Disneyland Paris (except for the evening of the Halloween Soiree, I hear!) to prevent confusion with the real princesses! So no, no dress up for you OP I'm afraid!

racheyc Tue 31-Jan-17 10:32:07

Yes plus I thought it would be like someone wearing white to someone else's wedding! That is understandable and I can't believe the thought even entered my head - cringe!!!

racheyc Tue 31-Jan-17 10:33:37

www.emp.co.uk/art_313365/?wt_mc=mp.google.Fan_Merchandise.Cinderella.Dress.Medium_length%20dress.313365&gclid=CI-1xaqX7NECFWm-7Qod3PEOuQ

would that be ok? I just want to really throw myself into Disney for the kids!

Teds77 Tue 31-Jan-17 10:40:58

If you are the sort of person who considered dressing up at Disney then you will enjoy the lunch!! Unless you pack sandwiches, most food at Disney is expensive and certainly at the weekend/school hols/busy time, having a reservation for a sit down meal reduced the stress for us.

We loved the princess lunch and would recommend. For the grown ups it meant a rest and as the queues to meet all the characters elsewhere in the park were huge it was the easiest way to meet characters without a long queue.

Our kids loved it and think I'm the luckiest Mum in the world because I got to celebrate my birthday by having princess lunch....

racheyc Tue 31-Jan-17 10:45:55

Hang on, I only considered it for one second!! I feel very foolish now too! That is very sweet, I am definitely going to book it, I think the memories will definitely be worth it.

2014newme Tue 31-Jan-17 10:52:13

I havent done the lunch but I have done the queuing to meet the princesses. Book the lunch. It's a no brainer.

LonginesPrime Tue 31-Jan-17 10:55:28

I'm so excited for you, OP - we did the Auberge years ago when DC where small and it was very magical - and totally relaxed and not crowded; it all makes you feel very special (not least with all the children 'ooh-big and ahh-Ing as princesses and forest creatures take a turn about the room!) and it was the highlight of the trip!

Mine are sadly a bit old for it this time around (teenagers now), but we'll doing Buffalo Bill's again.

racheyc Tue 31-Jan-17 11:31:37

I did Buffalo Bill's once and loved it but my youngest has asthma so can't do that unfortunately, will have to save it for when he is older. I am very excited too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now