Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help!!! Going to Egypt in 6 weeks with 2 children aged 4 and 12! we plan to stay in hotel, do they/we need injections?

(8 Posts)
manicma Mon 26-Feb-07 10:18:35

Can anyone help? we are going to Egypt in 6 weeks to Sharm, I have had conflicting advise as to if we need jabs or not, I have 2 girls aged 4 and 12. We plan to stay in our hotel as all inclusive and not venture out. Any advice will be graetly appreciated!

tissy Mon 26-Feb-07 10:21:55

Yes!!!

I stayed in the Hilton at Sharm and still got dysentery (ok so there isn't an injection to prevent dysentery)- if you are having injections, then they should....why would you take the risk?

look here

tissy Mon 26-Feb-07 10:28:01

IIRC, I had jabs for Typhoid, Paratyphoid, Hep A and Yellow fever. Was already covered for Hep B and TB. If you stay away from dogs, you won't need rabies. Kids should have had all their childhood vaccs, plus the above.

Pimmpom Mon 26-Feb-07 10:46:03

When we went to Sharm the DC were up to date with their immunisations so just had to have the Hep A. It is worth going back for the booster after 6mths as you will then be covered for 10 years.

Have a great time

Dophus Mon 26-Feb-07 10:53:14

This website is great for all vaccination advice:

\link{http://www.traveldoctor.co.uk/traveldoc}

Dophus Mon 26-Feb-07 10:53:57

Lets try that again

traveldoc

tissy Mon 26-Feb-07 11:47:40

childhood vaccinations don't cover you for typhoid and Hep A, so they should have those.

manicma Tue 27-Feb-07 20:48:10

Thanks to all who responded, Dophus thanks for the web-site info! Im kinda wishing that we were doing our normal Cyprus and Greece!!! Will look into the jabs, and get them done asap!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now