Talk

Advanced search

The algarve

(4 Posts)
chattypatty Fri 27-Jan-17 06:48:31

I need help. I have gone round in circles planning our trip to the algarve for April. I'm ideally looking for a place for 5 with its own private ( heated) pool preferably within a complex (or is that really not necessary). We will have a car if that helps. Budget approx £1000

WicketWoo Fri 27-Jan-17 06:55:15

Have you looked at Vale De Lobo? It's a lovely, safe resort with lots of good sized private villas with pools and it has a lovely area near the beach with restaurants and bars.

Str4ngedaysindeed Fri 27-Jan-17 07:22:21

We go to boa vista near Lagos.There are some lovely villas on the complex (we stay in a friend s apartment). It's a golf resort but there is a indoor pool and gym and nice restaurant ,about a mile each way to praia da Luz and Lagos and really rather lovely!

WingMirrorSpider Fri 27-Jan-17 07:29:34

We stayed at a lovely quiet complex a few years ago called Dunas Doradas (sp?). It was between Val de Lobo and Quinta De Lago which were both ££££ but walkable to. I'd definitely recommend that resort.

It's a fairly quiet resort with a big pool and a couple of restaurants. We stayed in a private 3 bed villa with its own pool. We got it through owners direct and booked cheap flights. We did hire a car although Faro airport is only about 45 minutes away so could have taxied there (although we did a few day trips).

The villa we stayed in was about £1000 a week but that was in school holidays (end of May half term).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now