Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where to take DH for his birthday in March

(9 Posts)
mindmyarse Wed 25-Jan-17 18:28:38

Somewhere not to long a flying time of about 4hrs or so max for about 4days I know he has always wanted to go to Vienna but I have not a clue where to start advice sought please

mindmyarse Wed 25-Jan-17 18:33:25

I am open to other locations just threw Vienna as I remember him mentioning it a while ago but I would like to take him where it's fairly good to go in March open to suggestions

eclipse16 Wed 25-Jan-17 18:39:23

I'm taking my hubby to Paris in March, only booked a week or so ago and flights were under £100 each return. Can't imagine the weather will be any good by then though!
Bruges or Amsterdam are other good long weekend destinations that are also a short journey
Have a look on Travelzoo and see what offers they have on for March, the website shares other companies holidays deals so there's always a broad range to choose from

TheNaze73 Wed 25-Jan-17 18:42:44

Vienna is a lovely city.
Whenever these travel threads come up, I always have to chuck my favourite short haul destination in, Reykjavik

keely79 Wed 25-Jan-17 18:45:35

Second Reykjavik. Also Copenhagen, Stockholm, Venice, Palermo, Marrakesh, Barcelona, Budapest, Istanbul - the list is endless!

ErrolTheDragon Wed 25-Jan-17 18:47:27

We went to Venice last Feb halfterm - it did rain a bit but that doesn't matter so much in cultural destinations with lots of inside interest. And way better than hot crowded high summer.

Vienna is lovely, also Porto or Lisbon in Portugal are very nice

APlaceOnTheCouch Wed 25-Jan-17 18:55:34

Venice is my favourite short-haul destination and it's a good time of year to visit. But Stockholm is great too.

SorrelForbes Wed 25-Jan-17 18:57:07

Vienna is beautiful. Salzburg is another good option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now