Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Neilson Phokaia resort in Turkey

(3 Posts)
SunnyUpNorth Tue 24-Jan-17 22:49:16

We are looking for a holiday at the end of the may half term to somewhere sunny. DH isn't a big sunbather so we need activities for him, and would like a kids club for the kids.

We have done mark warner once and whilst I might not choose it just for me, it was a very easy holiday with young kids.

We are flying from Manchester and MW have hardly any holidays going from Manchester this year. Have been looking at equivalents and the above hotel in turkey looks good and is a good price.

The reviews on TripAdvisor are generally good but a lot of people mention the stray cats and dogs which is a bit off putting. I'm also a little nervous about going to Turkey with the present problems in that part of the world. Am I being silly?

Any other suggestions? Budget probably around £2.5-3k.

I've looked up club med, Sani, Sensatori - all a bit expensive. Also looked at places like the martinhal, pine cliffs but probably looking over budget and I'm not convinced any of them match the activities offered at MW or neilson.

Would be grateful for any opinions!

specialsubject Wed 25-Jan-17 18:11:15

haven't been there (or indeed to Turkey) but stray cats and dogs are standard in the Med. Just don't pat and don't feed. And don't take home - anyone who actually wants to help can contribute to the local initiatives for mass neutering/spaying.

2014newme Thu 26-Jan-17 15:16:34

Not been to that resort but been to other neilsons and always had a brilliant time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now