Talk

Advanced search

Girlie break to London - help please!

(6 Posts)
Chirpeechick Mon 23-Jan-17 20:51:09

My three best pals and I (all early 40s) have finally got our butts in gear and organised a girlie 2 day break to London minus the kids. Hurrah! Looking for recommendations of where to look accommodation wise/best area to stay in? Either going Airbnb route or decent priced hotel. Many thanks!

mummymeister Tue 24-Jan-17 14:31:55

its really hard to get a decent hotel in London without forking out huge amounts of money. when we go away as a group, we book something very central and very cheap and cheerful, because after all you are only going to be sleeping here its not a spa break, and then spend the cash on theatre tickets, lovely afternoon teas etc.

AveEldon Thu 26-Jan-17 15:38:06

Travelodge or similar near Covent Garden is usually good

KingMortificadosMistress Sat 04-Feb-17 23:59:12

A friend stayed recently at the Premier Inn in Red Lion St and liked the location. She said for price it was pretty accessible on the tube to most things. No idea what the hotel is like or the cost.

She also liked the Beas of Bloomsbury's tea shop which is near there.

KingMortificadosMistress Sun 05-Feb-17 00:02:52

Also the Strand Palace Hotel is very central and not too expensive. I've been in there myself to meet colleagues but not stayed and but thought the lobby area felt a bit too big/impersonal/people passing through. Good location though for price.

Revealall Sun 05-Feb-17 11:13:18

Cubik hotels are funky and cheap. Get excellent reviews. I think a good hotel room is important since you are spending money on it. It's all part of the experience.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now