Talk

Advanced search

If you have £2k, one adult and one 6yr old, where would you go/what would you see?

(6 Posts)
JeffreyNeedsAHobby Sat 21-Jan-17 16:10:35

As per the heading; only one adult and child, fairly tight budget other than the £2k. Open to all suggestions - cruises, etc but no camping in a tent smile

yeOldeTrout Sat 21-Jan-17 16:27:27

What is the 6yo good for, and what do you like to do?

I like walking up mountains, but only one of my 6yos would have been good for that. Josie Dew would stick hers on the back of a tandem and tour the North Sea in wet & wind, but that won't appeal to most people, either.

ineedamoreadultieradult Sat 21-Jan-17 16:29:50

Mexico. Swim with turtles, snorkel, see the Mayan ruins and swim the conotes. You could get 2 weeks AI for your £2000.

grassroots Sat 21-Jan-17 16:33:55

Sri Lanka. Turtles, snorkelling, ancient ruins, tea plantations and elephants.

KitKat1985 Sat 21-Jan-17 18:57:37

PortAventura in Spain?

JeffreyNeedsAHobby Sat 21-Jan-17 21:05:35

Great ideas! I like the idea of snorkelling and seeing turtles - 6 yo can swim but hasn't tried snorkelling yet... is it easy for them to pick up at this age? Am wary of booking it and then having to stop ten mins in. He likes zip wires and other high-adrenaline things generally. Not much of a walker though. I did Port Aventura a few years back with my eldest and am not sure I would enjoy another bout - my 6 yr old is a little more adventurous than she was so was hoping for something a little more natural.

Has anyone done a cruise? Am considering it as you can 'see' so much in one holiday and if I can find a decent one for kids the days at sea might be fun too (and I may get to have a wine while a kids club day reigns wink ). No idea where to start on that idea though. Am also a little aware that I will be on my own so transfers may be difficult if I try to do too much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now