Talk

Advanced search

Edinburgh

(3 Posts)
asgreenasicanbe Sat 24-Feb-07 10:44:24

We are stopping in Edinburgh for a day and a night in April with our DDs (5, 3 and 6 months) can anyone recommend a family friendly B & B near the city centre? What about places to go? There seems to be so much and we have got so little time...HELP!

yacketyschmackety Sat 24-Feb-07 10:54:10

not sure about b & b but we always stay at the travel inn in south queensferry. It's got a beefeater type thing attached to it and we find the rates reasonable. There are other travel inns closer to town though. It's a five minute car journey to the station to get the train directly into the centre of Edinburgh. You can get the guided city bus tour from right outside the train station and there are loads of stops - Our Dynamic Earth is a nice kid friendly museum, although yours may be a little young. The aquarium is always good and that's in south queensferry too, or north queensferry I forget. There's always the Castle too.
If the weather is ok you could just wander round the city, it's quite small really. The gardens right in the centre are lovely and they have a cafe and carousel. Not sure if that's seasonal though.

You might not get to do much this time but its a lovely place and you'll probably want to go back anyway!

PoppyPie Mon 26-Feb-07 21:58:11

Edinburgh Zoo is great. My dd still mentions it from time to time. Also Botanic Gardens. I know there are loads of B&Bs along Queensferry road and also the Glasgow Road which is near the zoo but can't help you on which are child friendly or not.Sorry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now