Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for European family holiday please

(11 Posts)
hussherbye Wed 18-Jan-17 19:41:10

Hi would value any recommendations please.

It will be our first proper family holiday bar a few days here and there in Tenby!

We are mum dad, ds(11)ds(8)

Looking for two weeks in Europe. Pool/nice beaches. Not sure about hotel or villa. Not all inclusive as we'll enjoy eating out and finding new places.

As a girl I used to LOVE Corfu but haven't been for 25 ish years so no idea how much it's changed especially with Greek economy etc

TIA 😀

hussherbye Wed 18-Jan-17 21:20:18

Bump

Brighteyes27 Sun 22-Jan-17 23:19:40

what sort of holiday do you fancy full on busy hectic getting up early for sun bed or more quiet and laid back but little or few facilities on site? Do you want to eat out, s/c mainly eating in or want AI or B&B or HB.

Heratnumber7 Sun 22-Jan-17 23:30:02

Driving, train or flying?

Heratnumber7 Sun 22-Jan-17 23:31:47

My favourite place in the world
http://m.domainelabergerie.fr/en/home-sp16.php

Costacoffeeplease Sun 22-Jan-17 23:33:11

I live in Carvoeiro in the Algarve, nice beach, lots of restaurants and self catering apartments and villas

Happy to answer any questions

Crumbs1 Sun 22-Jan-17 23:40:55

Biarritz is fabulous with surf school for youngsters, good restaurants. Raddisson has a roof top pool and is cheap. Palais a bit grander and right on beach.

mummymeister Mon 23-Jan-17 08:41:47

we loved crete. stayed in a villa on the east side of the island and it was fab. lots to do and no one was bored.

hussherbye Mon 23-Jan-17 08:57:48

Thank everyone! Had given up on replies!! Will check out all ideas.

Looking for a mix of quiet beach / pool time with some stuff to do ideally

hussherbye Mon 23-Jan-17 08:59:34

Oh and definitely not AI, prob B&B

Don't mind driving but was thinking flying

Makemineacabsauv Thu 02-Feb-17 22:24:25

Check out Roda on Corfu - it's not changed that much in 20 odd years as I worked there in the early 90s and still as nice as it was! Bigger beach now though.,,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now